New stray addition to the family

jujee35

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Looking for suggestions on how to help integrate a new 8-10 month old stray cat into a family of an 8 year old neutered male and 4 year old spayed female.  Our stray picked us by laying on our deck for several weeks and being one of the most loving and sweet animals I have known.  We have gotten her spayed, had all her shots, tests, treatments and anything else you can think of.  We have had her a little over a month and my other 2 cats are still having trouble adjusting.  I have multiple food and water bowls through the house, multiple litter boxes, a cat tree, feliway, and plenty of room for them to move around.  They can lay in relative proximity but carry on terribly if they get too close to each other.  She even scratched my older male cat's face.  Any other suggestions??

katluver4life

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How were initial introductions done? You may want to take some steps backward and reintroduce them using the methods in this article : http://www.thecatsite.com/a/introducing-cats-to-cats

Cats can often take many weeks or even months to adjust to each other. Go slowly and let them set the pace about when they are ready for each next step. Use a lot of scent swapping mentioned in the article. Feed them on towels that has the scent of each of them. This helps them associate the scents with good feelings.

Hope this helps and feel free to post again if you need more help. Keep us posted with the progress.