New Siberian Kitten

ivanthesiberian

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello, just found this site. I would like to introduce you to our new Siberian Forest kitten, Ivan, who we just got about a week and a half ago, at the age of 13 weeks. We are in Alberta, Canada. It's a dream come true to be able to finally have a cat, as my allergies have prevented us from having one. I am so thankful for this breed which has much less allergens than other cats. So far, so good!

Ivan is a wonderful kitten with a dream personality. We really lucked out! He is relaxed and laid-back despite our busy, noisy household of 4 children and 2 dogs. He lets our children carry him around like a baby, he is very quiet with the quietest, tiniest meow I have ever heard.

To the cat-color experts out there: Breeder calls him a silver mackerel tabby, but it is my understanding that silver is more of a black tipped white coat. I think he is a blue, is he not? Or would he be one of those "silver-blues"? He doesn't have any black, the darker markings are just a darker grey.

Anyway, our family has really fallen in love with this little guy! Happy to be here and hope to learn lots.

dahlia

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I love all the pictures.  He is very photogenic and it looks like he has a nice set up at your house. 

andrya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
lf there is such a thing as a blue silver tabby (as opposed to black silver tabby) in the Siberian world, l'd say he's that. But l'm guessing 

He's absolutely beautiful, btw. Such a cutie, and he sounds like a little charmer. Congrats.

And welcome to another Canuck 

brewmeows

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
WOW he is just GORGEOUS!!!! Love the pictures, welcome to the site 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ivanthesiberian

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you all for the kind comments and the warm welcome to the forums! Glad to have a place to go as I have new questions or just want to show off a few pics! :-)

ivanthesiberian

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you all for the kind comments on the pictures and warm welcome to the forums! Good to know I have a place to go with any questions or just want to hang out among other cat lovers! :-)

krazykatlady13

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Forgot to say Tucker and his brother are also Siberians. Get ready for a really big Cat! I've never had a pure breed before and they are beyond any other cat I've had when it comes to affection. They hug us and want to be carried!

ivanthesiberian

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Sweet, nice to meet another Siberian owner! Tucker is gorgeous, and what a sweet looking baby he was. Ivan is 5 months and is already looking quite big. We know we're in for a really big cat! He continues to be very affectionate and loves to get in the middle of whatever is going on. :-)

Oh and if anybody here does Instagram, I post Ivan's latest pictures there, look me up, I'm @PitznPetz :-)

Last edited:

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Did everyone notice the size of those feet!!!!?  I know that breed does have bigger feet but he might be huge if he grows into them. He is absolutely gorgeous! Isn't it funny how some people have breeds that they are not allergic to? My brother is allergic to all breeds but Siamese. Good luck with your new baby!

beesto

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ivan is gorgeous. I loved reading what you wrote about him because I am getting a Siberian on May 10th when she is 10 weeks old.  I chose Siberian partly because of what I was reading about their personalities!

I have to admit I am worried our house might be too lonesome for our new kitty- we don't have any other pets and my husband and I both work- but we do have a single child who is great with pets and when we are home we will all undoubtedly play with her and give her lots of affection.  We will be home for the summer since we're both teachers so that will be great.  I hope to get another Siberian next year (when we can afford it again.)

Anyhow... just wanted to say HI!  And to let you know how beautiful I think Ivan is.

siberianhusky

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Cute kitten! I would agree with the breeder's color, black silver mackeral tabby. See how his stripes are black instead of blue, that's what makes him a silver vs a blue tabby.

bekki70

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
What a beautiful little man. He seems to love the camera!

kittycat4

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Your kitty is gorgeous!
I want one like that!
What breeder?

I am looking for a Siberian now for a pet.

Would love some feedback as there are so many breeders hard to know who is reputable and has healthy ones and not just into the business of it.

Thank you!!.

mazie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, you've come to the right place, everyone is very helpful and kind. Welcome, I am a newcomer myself, and have learned so much in the 6 weeks I have been here!!! Your boy is absolutely stunning, a real charmer I'm sure!!!

ivanthesiberian

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Your kitty is gorgeous!
I want one like that!
What breeder?

I am looking for a Siberian now for a pet.

Would love some feedback as there are so many breeders hard to know who is reputable and has healthy ones and not just into the business of it.

Thank you!!.

Thanks! Unfortunately I don't believe Ivan's breeder is still breeding. Nor did she have a website. Where are you from? We are in Canada, if you're up here I have a few I could recommend, but if you live elsewhere just do a search for Siberian Breeders in your area and see what comes up, most seem to have websites. Then you can ask them questions and decide when you've found a suitable breeder.