New Ragdoll kitten, need advise

rockstarkitties

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I just want to say thank you for taking such a good care of your ragdoll. I have two of my own so I am guilty as charge to say they are awesome. I have learned the HARD WAY most people here just want to help you. Intentions are good.....keep that in mind when replies don't seem so.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

josh4683

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks Rockstar. I too believe that most want to help. I appreciate all opinions, even the ones I don't agree with.

Your babies are beautiful.

ferriscat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by clixpix

Yes, the name was edited out. It is not you that would get in trouble, but TCS for allowing it. Breeders, companies, etc, can and will sue for such things. If you wish to hold her accountable, there are other means of doing so.
josh4683, your situation sounds very familiar to me. I believe I contacted you via PM through another site. Have you followed through by making a formal complaint through the registration organization? I advise you keep all records documenting the illness and submit those as well. Posting on forums is all well and good, but nothing will change in the future unless the proper authorities are notified. Glad to hear your kitten is gaining, just keep letting him free-feed.

josh4683

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi FerrisCat...

Good to hear from you. Yes, I did what you advised and thank you again for the information.

Oliver is doing really well...eye infection has cleared nicely with the medication.

A posted response from breeder states that "if this kitten weighed 15 ounces on 9/14 was because the kitten ended up practically starved to death after the kitten left my home".

Remember that I took him to my vet on 9/14, approx 48 hours after sale of this kitten.

I could be mistaken, but I believe I'm being accused of animal abuse/neglect.

WHAT is wrong with this picture?

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What is wrong with the picture is that this breeder is trying to put all the blame on YOU and not herself! If you have verification from your vet in this, you can prove that its her and not you that the kitten was in this shape.

You really cannot "starve" a kitten in 48 hrs unless you don't feed it at all! I think I'd get a lawyer involved to get your money back from this breeder (keep the kitten of course). Document from your vet on the condition and xerox those and contact a laywer.

No way are your responsible for the shape the kitten was in when purchased. And you do have a contract stating the health was good at the time of sale - right?

ferriscat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I would advise that you cease all email and telephone correspondance with the breeder. Nothing is going to be resolved that way, and it could hinder whatever can be accomplished by the registration association. Keep all records involved with the purchase of your kitten, including contracts, vet info, cancelled checks, and emails. Good luck with everything, and just be patient as the proper authorities work through the paper-trail.

josh4683

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes, I do have a contract stating kitten was in good health at time of sale.
I also have all documentation from our first and all vet checks.
I have not had recent contact with breeder. The info regarding "starving" the kitten was actually posted on a complaint website.

Thank you for your help and advice. It's appreciated more than you know.

josh4683

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Happy to announce we weighed in today at 2.4 pounds !!!

p&r

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Glad to hear that Oliver is improving, I hope he continues to get better! Sorry to hear the "breeder" isn't being very nice