New Pictures of Mr. Big!

captiva

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh Robin. That first picture is so hilarious
It's like someone shouted "It's a bust!" It's nice that he is getting used to you. If you do decide to "nab" him, please make sure you are covered and wearing heavy gloves even if he is really sweet right now. He is sooooo adorable. I have such a thing for "big guys" . I wish I knew someone who was in the market for a cat right now.

snowleop

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KittyKook

There's just no way.....five cats is almost too many in this small house. I thought about it tonight....how he is really beginning to trust me...and I think the time is coming close when I will be able to pick him up and put him in a carrier to take him to Happy Tails. I will really miss him. I've gotten to where I look forward to his nightly visits. But it's just not safe for him. I live near a very busy road and I'm so afraid that he'll get run over. Plus, he's obviously getting into fights......I noticed just tonight that his nose is all scratched up...which is new. And I'm not sure a cat like him....who's used to being able to roam...would adapt very well to living in a confined space with 5 other cats.

I know the people at Happy Tails since I've fostered for them before and they are wonderful people. I know that if they weren't able to find him a home.....they would let him live there....which is cat heaven! He's such a loving guy that I think he deserves so much better than what his life has become....and I'm going to see to it that he gets a better life.
Oh, Robin! This brings tears to my eyes. You are such an incredibly generous and warm person. Mr. Big met his guardian angel!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittykook

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by captiva

Oh Robin. That first picture is so hilarious
It's like someone shouted "It's a bust!" It's nice that he is getting used to you. If you do decide to "nab" him, please make sure you are covered and wearing heavy gloves even if he is really sweet right now. He is sooooo adorable. I have such a thing for "big guys" . I wish I knew someone who was in the market for a cat right now.
You're right.....he may be beginning to trust ME.....but I'm not sure I trust him just yet. I'll be careful when I do decide it's time to catch him. I thought about maybe putting some treats in the carrier I have outside and seeing if he'll go in there voluntarily. Then all I would have to do is close the door.

I wish there was someone here would be willing to take him so that I could at least keep up with him and get updates periodically.

pamela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
AWWW he looks sooo cute and great!!!! It's a GREAt thing you are doing feeding and tending to him. I know how rewarding it can be and how worrying it can be tending to ferals and strays.

I found out something a couple years ago that you might already know but male cats who aren't fixed tend to grow BIG so maybe that's one reason why Mr. Big is sooo big- cuz he hasn't been fixed.

I agree about working with the people at Happy Trails to find him a good home. It WILL be hard seeing him go BUT at the same time, you WILL have peace of mind knowing he is in a safe and loving home.

I had to leave a feral cat named Callie behind when I moved one year ago. I worked sooooo hard to get her to trust me- it took over one year before she'd let me close enough to PLAY with her via the feather teaser and would eat out of my hand (BUT NEVER allowed me to pet her) and I still worry about her. I think I will never have peace of mind about Callie so I don't want you going through that.

You will know when it's time to find Mr. Big a good home. Keep us posted!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittykook

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah I had heard that.....about un-neutered cats getting really big. And he's definitely a big guy! When I pet him I can feel how strong and solid he is. Not an ounce of fat on this guy. Like I said.....when I was trying to feed him earlier....he practically knocked me down while he was rubbing against me because he was so excited to see me. Any cat that can knock over a human is BIG!

That's one of the reasons I've been afraid to try and pick him up just yet. He could really hurt me if he wanted to. And if I can get him into the carrier voluntarily......that would be best. I may try on Friday since I'm off work both Friday and Saturday. I could possibly try tomorrow, but then I have to work the next two days after that and I couldn't leave him in the carrier for two days. Since he comes at 5:00pm.....I'll probably have to keep him overnight when I do catch him because I don't think Happy Tails stays open much later than that.

I wish I could get him to come early one day.

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
He's such a gorgeous boy
. I'm so glad he found such a wonderful home to visit until he finds a furrever home. You are wonderful

You're wise to be thinking of such sensible precautions. If you do have to handle him - good thick leather/suede gloves that are like gauntlets are really good - ones the extend further up the arm. Last time hubby had to pick Adelaide up she wrapped herself around him like a teeth/claw filled cat glove! Take care.