New Nutro NC CC "Indoor" Formula?

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Last week I began to change my kitties dry food from Nutro's Natural Choice Complete Care Weight Management to their new "indoor" formula.
They also eat the pouches morning & evening.
I am changing because the kibbles are a bit smaller & it looks as though the "indoor" has more advanced nutrition.
Are you using it?
What is your opinion about the new formulation?
http://www.nutroproducts.com/nccciw.asp
My kitties like the new food & it has not upset their tummies. That is a major plus.

Lei

moggiegirl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I haven't examined the NC Indoor Formula but in general weight control formulas including indoor formulas tend to use less protein as well as less fat and when they do that they add more carbohydrates to the mix and that's why I tend to believe the regular formulas are superior because for weight control I would reduce the portions of dry and feed more wet food. Just my opinion, if you want to compare the 2 types of food just look at the nutrient analysis on both packages.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't care for the ingredients in the Indoor version as well - it has soy protein concentrate plus vegetable fiber ( Dried Vegetable Fiber (Carrots, Celery, Beets, Parsley, Lettuce, Water Cress, Spinach), Tomato Pomace, Potassium Chloride, Soy Protein Concentrate). I won't feed soy, and the veggie fiber just seems to be part of the latest trend of fruits and veggies in cat food...I think cat grass is a good idea, and if my cat wants to eat green beans etc. that is fine, but really, the two formulas as quite similar in terms of amounts of protein & fat content,DHA, Linoleic Acid.

If they like the size pieces better, and you don't mind the soy, I'd stick with it, I just don't see a huge difference between the two.

Btw, I did notice gratefully, that the Complete Care Wt. Management did change the size of the food within the past couple of bags...much less waste for me, as my cats would not eat any tiny bits that resulted from them chomping on those pumpkin seed sizes pieces in the original version

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Pat & Alix said:
If they like the size pieces better, and you don't mind the soy, I'd stick with it, I just don't see a huge difference between the two.

Zoey must not like soy either cause I got her the indoor kitten and rthe reg adult she prefers that adult..lol

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Pat...I went back to the Nutro web site & compared the indoor & regular wt. mgmt. formulas....
you are right, the main differences in to 2 formulas are veggies & soy.

Moggiegirl...I use a wt. mgmt formula with my kitties because Dexter has a chronic scent gland problem.
They plug, so my vet wants him to have a larger stool to help express the fluid.
The wt. mgmt formula has more fiber which creates a slightly larger stool.

sharky...Sweet Zoey has good taste in her food.

Thanks for your feedback everyone...my kitties are going back to their regular Wt. Mgmt. food.

Lei
Originally Posted by Pat & Alix

I don't care for the ingredients in the Indoor version as well - it has soy protein concentrate plus vegetable fiber ...
the two formulas as quite similar in terms of amounts of protein & fat content,DHA, Linoleic Acid.