New, not new really

immortalflower

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I was a member here a loooooong time ago and haven't had a cat in quite some time... but finally the time is coming for a new kitten.... Friday evening, to be more precise!

By the way... spent a long time trying to guess my login information from a loooooong time ago and did email about it and then magic happened and I cracked it.  LOL

Anyhow.... being that it has been so long and I have aged and become a total worrywart.... I am way overthinking having a kitten... I swear I'd be more at ease having another baby!  LOL  Darn years of experience and awareness making me panic over the fragility of life!

So... I've gotten all the needed supplies, house is ready, kids are all ready and been taught all the do's an don'ts and everyone is ready for Friday evening.

BUT... I'm still all worried with random thoughts like... I can't remember what a kitten does in the night!  Will it sleep? Will it get lost and poop on the floor?  Will it meow in our faces and keep us all awake at night?  What if I close it in a room... will it be sad and scared and scarred for life?  LOL

It has been a loooooooong time since I've had a kitten.

I also fear our kitten might never have a name because my kids can't agree on anything at all.

KID 1's name list

Pom-Pom

Gizmo

Cookie

Unikitty

KID 2's name list

Cyborg

Alex

George

Anthony

Batman

Iron Man

Iron Kitty

Cobra

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

immortalflower

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
And give me some time... I shall take a new picture of our new kitty for my avatar.  In the current ones are my cats from many years ago I was forced to leave with my parents when I moved overseas (due to laws).  They are still alive though!  13 and 15 years old.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Welcome back!  How exciting to be getting a new kitty this week.  Have fun picking a new name--your kids have some creative ones going!  

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
Love the names!! I will have to post some links for you. I can't at the moment being on my phone- but you can search for how to take care of a kitten in the search bar- many pages will pop up- including articles

Loving Mickey

Mickey , my heart and soul Angel kitty
Top Cat
Purraise
What an adorable kitten!
Nibbles looks so sweet.
I would cuddle that kitty all day.
Also, love the name!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

immortalflower

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am definitely cuddling him as much as possible... also playing loads.  I read somewhere that the more you play with them the less likely they will scratch legs.  He doesn't seem inclined in this first week to scratch legs, feet and hands so I am trying to keep it that way.  He has a sweet personality,