New Mom

Newcatmommy88

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have a few questions I'm a new mother of the handsomest 2year old male cat.
He slept all day for the last 2 days I want to make sure he's okay is it normal for a cat to sleep alot when they come to New surroundings?

Attachments

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In my experience they either explore everything or hide. Is he eating & drinking? Using the litter box? If he isn't take him to the vet ASAP. If he is eating/drinking/using the litter box, then I would try to engage him in play. Use lots of different types of toys, to see if one catches his interest. If he doesn't play, then I would call the people/place I adopted him from & ask if it is normal. If a whole week goes by with extreme lethargy I would take him to the vet just to be sure everything is all right. Adult cats sleep 12-16 hours a day. Cats can also get diabetes. Though it is rare for one so young to have it. If I'm guessing I would say he is stressed & active when you are sleeping. You might try securing him in one room for a week or two to help him adjust/feel like he owns his new home. I'm sure he would appreciate a box or two to hide in. (On it's side with a towel draped over most of the entrance.)

Congrats on your new cat :clapcat:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Newcatmommy88

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks..Well when I woke up this morning all his food and water was gone.he just followed me to the kitchen and grabbed a quick bite to eat stated playing on his scratching post for a bit. Got scared then hopped right back in the bed with me so I'm guessing he's going to be real active at night. But he has used the litter box

Last edited: