New member!!

pacificsiamese

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello everyone!! I have been lurking a bit, and would like to join in! I am a registered breeder of pedigreeSiamese and Balinese with Queensland Independant Cat Council. I abide by the ethics of the QICC and have several registered breeders who act as my mentors. I am concentrating on breeding and show Red and Tortie Point Siamese (and hopefully balinese as well over the next year). I am the proud slave of a red point boy, Mango, our tortie point girl, Cougar, and our ex-stray neuter Jasmine and her three kittens, Garfield, Congo and Moe. I have two young children, and stay home and look after kids, cats and dogs while my darling hubby works in the demolition business (which means he brings home all kinds of cool stuff for me
) Yesterday I got clear plastic shelving !!!????

sweetiecat3

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi! Welcome to you & your cats to TCS!! Quite a hectic life huh?
Your kitties sound very cute by the way

And I'm sure you could use some clear plastic shelving....If not you can send it to me!

Well enjoy your time here, I'm sure you'll find it to be a great source of info, friendly advice and....humor!!

Have a great night (or is it daytime where you are?)

~Patty

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pacificsiamese

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks for the welcome
It was daytime when you posted, it's 7pm ish now!! This looks like a fun group. Can I ask a question though? How do I get an avatar or signature like everyone elses? And did you make those quilts your dog and cats are lounging on?

sims2fan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by pacificsiamese

Hello everyone!! I have been lurking a bit, and would like to join in! I am a registered breeder of pedigreeSiamese and Balinese with Queensland Independant Cat Council.

Yay I'm really glad that there is a Balinese breeder here! Mica is a balinese and quite a few people (not in the breeders forum) are very confused by her, so Welcome!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome! As you will learn here, we love pictures!
I have to confess that I don't know what a Balinese is....so I especially look forward to pictures of yours!

There are many people here who would make a signature for you. If you look around, some people say they will make one for you right in their signatures. There is also a forum(TCS Support/Announcements) that has a list of people who will make a signaure for you, at least I think there is.
I have never bothered with the avatar, so I don't know. If you go to User CP in the upper left corner you get a list of options. There aught to be something about a avatar on there somewhere.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Mica's so pretty! I will have to put Balinese on the list of breeds I would like to own, now! lol

gayef

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! It is so good to see another breeder! I also breed Siamese. *smile*

Plastic shelving is handy to have! I just finished a project in my laundry room where I added two cupboards and shelving as well as a holder for my broom and mop, a caddy for my ironing board/steam iron and a bin to hold grocery sacks. The shelving was purchased at a very sweet price at ... you guessed it ... a demolition company auction! It had been sitting in my shed for what seemed like ever when I decided it would be nice in the laundry room. Now if I can just find some inexpensive hardware mesh with which to replace my stud's enclosure walls, I'll be in tall cotton! *grin*

sweetiecat3

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Thanks for the welcome
It was daytime when you posted, it's 7pm ish now!! This looks like a fun group. Can I ask a question though? How do I get an avatar or signature like everyone elses? And did you make those quilts your dog and cats are lounging on?
Yes this is a very fun group!! I love it here. Well, they already answered the avatar thing....About the quilt, well that was a gift, so, not, I didn't make it, but I wish I could say I did!!
I've actually been wanting to learn how to quilt, but don't really have the time - I already knit and do a little bit of cross-stitch.
Ooh but if you'd like to see some pictures of handmade quilts, here's one-click here

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome from all of us. It's always nice to "meet" new people. We will especially look forward to seeing pictures of your beautiful fur babies.

In the Cat Lounge there is a sub-forum for Fur Pictures where you can post your pictures.

Also as another poster mentioned, there are some wonderful folks who do awesome signatures here. Hope Hacker did mine and I couldn't be more pleased.

pacificsiamese

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sims2fan

Yay I'm really glad that there is a Balinese breeder here! Mica is a balinese and quite a few people (not in the breeders forum) are very confused by her, so Welcome!
Oh good!! someone else with Balinese!! Actually both mine are variants, in my state a variant can be bred and shown as either Siamese or Balinese depending on fur length. Balis are still uncommon in Australia, although they are very popular. My two variants will probably not produce a Bali, but right now I am looking for the right Bali girl, as i want to concentrate on red point Balis, and my Siamese boy is perfect in type to cross with the Balis.

pacificsiamese

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Lol!! I am buying an old aviary from my neighbour as stud quarters, so I'll be fixing that...i'm telling hubby to Bring Me Home More Stuff Please!! Yay for demolition companies!!

pacificsiamese

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Originally Posted by sweetiecat3

Yes this is a very fun group!! I love it here. Well, they already answered the avatar thing....About the quilt, well that was a gift, so, not, I didn't make it, but I wish I could say I did!!
I've actually been wanting to learn how to quilt, but don't really have the time - I already knit and do a little bit of cross-stitch.
Ooh but if you'd like to see some pictures of handmade quilts, here's one-click here
Wow wow and wow!! I started quilt making about a year ago; mostly hand stitched applique as I don't have a machine. It's great because you can just pick it up in odd moments. I have just moved, so it's all in storage....those pictures are giving me quilting fever again!!! I used to have a fluffy black cat called Sheba too!

sims2fan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

your babies are looovely!! And I really like your Bali girl, that is exactly what I want!! Beautiful profile !!
Aww
Thank you! Mica, whose ego is ever expanding, says thanks!

pacificsiamese

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sims2fan

Aww
Thank you! Mica, whose ego is ever expanding, says thanks!
I have just been looking at my breeding mentor's Balis....awwwwww I am getting kitten fever again....i already have 6 cats, my husband will kill me if i get another and they all have kittens! (well, only the two girls will have kittens, but it will be a lot of cats) Lucky he seems to like my siamese!!! He's a nice man...I'm sure I can win him over!!