Sall223

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
i just found this site today....never knew it existed.

I have been a cat owner my entire life, getting my first kitten at age one (1). Needless to say, I am in love with all things cat.

Here’s my question, having cats my entire life, I have never run across this issue: little, tiny, telescopic red ants near food bowl. I checked the container of dry food and there are none there. I’m still not even sure how I noticed these little buggers. They are seriously the tiniest bug I have ever seen.

Has anyone else had these, and if so, what can be done? I have wiped up the area, even using bleach, but there are still some lingering ones.

Any help would be appreciated.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
fd7445a8082591feec2da4bf0c2396de.gif
Sall223, on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm
IMG_3124.GIF

So glad that you’ve joined this site and you are in the right place for all things cat and this site is loaded with tons of rich resources and you’ll find friendly and helpful cats around and many of our cats are very knowledgeable in cat related stuffs.

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
How To Add A Picture To Your Forum Post
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules

As for the insects that are hanging around the food bowl, it could be from the food itself. Are you feeding your cat dry food? Dry food usually harbor such insects or weevils.

You may ask your question in this forum grooming-general-cat-care.6 about the insects you. Members of TCS may be able to identify it for you if you post a photo of them.

Please do not use bleach as it is toxic to cats.

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and start a new thread of your own and post them under the appropriate forum headings and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :wink:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Sall223

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Welcome to TCS!
I am new to this site, learning all the bells and whistles. I have also been reading the responses regarding my tiny ant issue, trying to wrap my head around what i should attempt to get rid of these pesky things. Hence, i have not had time to thank everyone for their responses.

Thanks to everyone!

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome to The Cat Site!

As I'm sure you have found, many things good to use against insects are not good for pets. Diatomaceous earth will kill some insects, and is not harmful to cats. I hope you find a solution!

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hello and welcome to TCS. :wave2: Glad you found us. Hopefully someone here will have the solution to your ant/bug problem.

Now onto the important topic... your cat(s). Is that cutie pie in your profile pic your current cat? If so, do tell us more about her(?).

And feel free to post pics in this thread, and all around the site. We love pictures! :camera:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Sall223

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello and welcome to TCS. :wave2: Glad you found us. Hopefully someone here will have the solution to your ant/bug problem.

Now onto the important topic... your cat(s). Is that cutie pie in your profile pic your current cat? If so, do tell us more about her(?).

And feel free to post pics in this thread, and all around the site. We love pictures! :camera:
Yes, my current cat, Olive. She just turned one (1) on Friday. She is a muted calico. I got her shortly after having my 14+ year old cat put down last year after health issues. A very sad day for me.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Happy belated 1st birthday to the beautiful Olive. :party:

And condolences on the loss of your 14+ year old cat. :alright: I hope Olive has helped to heal your broken heart. :catrub:

If/when you feel up to it, we have a Crossing the Bridge forum to post memorial tributes to cats we've lost. :angel: