New Member with new kitten !!!

clarabelle

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
North Mississippi, just far enough away from MELVI
Welcome and what a wonderful person you are for saving this kitty. About the biting, I have experience with that, but a little too late. I have read DO NOT USE BODY PARTS AS TOYS, and it is true. Our 18 month old cat BK bites but it is in play because we let him bite. We know this and have to live with it now.
I would suggest getting toys for your kitten, a long string and tie a fuzzy mouse on the end and pull across the floor. If he bites you say no and do not play with him till he stops. It is a bad habit and your kitty is young and you can stop it.
The litter box issue, he needs to be in a small area with the litter box after eating. Watch him and after he goes then play with him, he will get the hang of it. Good luck, Clara

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Wow, she is teeny-tiny for 7 weeks!

She is little and probably doesn't know that biting is bad. When she bites in play, stop moving, and definitely stop playing. Tell her "No biting!" and then ignore her for a few minutes. She will get it very quickly that biting means the play stops, and that's no fun.