New member/new kitten

newlifenurse

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Brought home my new kitten yesterday around 400 pm. I got her from a breeder. She is 8 weeks old. She has not used her litter box yet. It is close...I have kept her in the same area of the house. She is eating and drinking. I do not ot see where she has gone anywhere on the floor. Is this normal for a new kitten? The owner said she was completely litter trained. Any suggestions?

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
620315b2dd400a3725b9d7be2c73f2f2.gif
newlifenurse and new kitty, on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm

Welcome - White kitty.jpg
to both of you.

So glad that you’ve joined this site and you are in the right place for all things cat and this site is loaded with tons of rich resources and you’ll find friendly and helpful cats around and many of our cats are very knowledgeable in cat related stuffs.

Sometimes it takes a day or so for the kitten to use the litter box since the place is new to her. The other thing is that you can ask the breeder what kind of litter she used over at their place and you can can some from them if you are using a different type or brand and lay it over the existing litter so that the litter scent is familiar to her and from there you can slowly switch her over.

What's her name and we do like to see photos of your new kitten please :camera:

If this is your first cat, do read the articles below to orient yourself on taking care of a cat.

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules
bringing-home-a-new-cat-the-complete-guide.29657
first-time-cat-owners-guide.33669
how-to-help-a-new-cat-adjust-to-your-home.32804
common-foods-that-are-harmful-to-cats.30181
household-chemicals-and-your-cats.29641
first-aid-for-cats.22464
cats-lilies-avoid-the-danger-lurking-in-your-home.33397
the-litterbox-what-every-cat-owner-needs-to-know.33457
how-to-choose-the-right-litterbox.32515

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and start a new thread of your own and post them under the appropriate forum headings and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site and don't forget to subscribe to our Newsletter :- newsletter-subscription-tutorial.33873 to stay informed of what goes on in TCS!

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :wink:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

newlifenurse

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Her name is Hope. I am in the middle of a cancer battle and got her from a breeder that has a history of cancer and started breeding Russian blues. I love her, she is just really scared and doing a lot of hiding. She is white w blue eyes. This is all new tho me.
20191219_150952.jpg
Screenshot_20191218-154003_Messenger.jpg

She's a witch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just be mindful that because she was separated from her mom and siblings too early (14-16 weeks would have been way better, especially coming from a breeder), there might be increased risk of her developing some behavioral issues like aggressiveness towards hands, ankles, and other aggressive play behavior. Make sure you never play with her with your own hands/feet and let her know by hissing if she's playing too painfully. Or you could consider getting another kitten so that this kind of behaviour is less likely. Enjoy her and best of luck with your recovery!