New member - all input welcome

Spud2324

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We adopted this stray and were wondering how he should be labeled although it frankly doesn't matter as we are keeping him for his good behavior and smarts!

thanks

Attachments

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He's very cute!

I would describe your kitty as a brown tabby domestic shorthair. His tabby pattern would probably best be described as "broken mackerel" as he has some stripes and some spots. Most cats are not any particular breed, but that doesn't make them any less handsome or special. Your little guy is going to grow up to be a beautiful cat!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Spud2324

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
He's very cute!

I would describe your kitty as a brown tabby domestic shorthair. His tabby pattern would probably best be described as "broken mackerel" as he has some stripes and some spots. Most cats are not any particular breed, but that doesn't make them any less handsome or special. Your little guy is going to grow up to be a beautiful cat!
Thanks thought that was it!!!

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. He's a cutie!! I would consider him to be a domestic short haired (DSH) brown mackerel tabby. The mackerel refers to the broken stripe pattern. Congratulations on your new guy!

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Those broken spots usually join to make stripes as he ages. He is beautiful! He has large ears and long legs, if he 'talks' a lot he may have Oriental in him!

Spud2324

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Quite talkative so far. Plays fetch and has adjusted to his two new feline siblings quickly. Fingers crossed his good behavior is not just a fluke!!!

Spud2324

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi. He's a cutie!! I would consider him to be a domestic short haired (DSH) brown mackerel tabby. The mackerel refers to the broken stripe pattern. Congratulations on your new guy!
Thanks he is great.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They pretty much keep their temperament, get more mellow as they get older. Oriental crosses are very people oriented, love the company of other cats, but can be stubborn and curious beyond what is good for them. They demand attention and LOVE it when they get it.

Spud2324

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Amazing pattern - and personality to match.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
At this moment, you could count him as a spotted tabby. But as mentioned above, these spots may turn into a more clear broken mackerel.

This is most important to know for a breeder, whom wants to know if ifts gene for spotted tabby or mackerel tabby.... For pet cat owners its mainly just a description.

Anyway, a sweet kitten whom will be a nice cat. :)

Spud2324

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
LMk possible background on this guy. He is vocal, intelligent...

Attachments

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi! He is a cutie!! I would describe him as a domestic short haired (DSH) brown broken mackerel tabby. Broken mackerel refers to the common striped pattern that is broken up into almost dots/spots on various parts of his body.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
He could possibly be counted as a spotted tabby, otherwise I second this above.

Sweet and pretty kitten!