New Kitty!!!

catlover52

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Batcave, Smallville, Somewhere over the rainbow, M
We're adopting a new kitty this week from a local humane society! The poor thing was de-clawed by her original owners and dumped on a country road. She's a really sweet kitty, they think she's about two years old and I can't wait to bring her home. The only thing is, we have a 10 year old cat who has never really been around other cats. I mean, we adopted her mom (a stray) and she had 6 kittens, one of which is our beloved Chewie. We had to give away the other kittens and the mom, seeing as how we already had an old, 14 year old cat at the house. The old cat died about a year later and Chewie has been the only cat at the house ever since. One time we tried to bring another cat over and she got really upset and tried to attack him. I'm concerned she's not going to get along with our new kitty, Paisley. Any suggestions? Thanks for your time and consideration, it's greatly appreciated!!!

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I suggest you read everything you can about cat introductions. http://www.thecatsite.com/a/introducing-cats-to-cats

Since Paisley is declawed 
 and your Chewie  sounds like he'll not be very welcoming, you must be more careful in handling the introductions. The time to keep them separated might be longer than usual, you may have to invest in calming remedies and you need a lot more patience.

Good luck!