New kitty under the recliner

ournewjazzy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Oh my goodness Jazzy loves going under the recliner. It drives me crazy because I am afraid some will sit and squish her. I sprayed the under side of it with eucalyptus but doesn't seem to deter her at all. Help!!!

impossible cat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yep mine did this too at first just remember when you sit up to lower the foot rest down slowly so they have time to run out it took my SugerBear only one time of almost being squished to learn that's not a good place to play.

Last edited:

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is really dangerous, actually.  We've had a few stories on the site of kittens being killed this way.  You might want to put the recliner away until she's older.  It's not worth the risk.  What if she was really asleep under there?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ournewjazzy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She likes to stay wherever people are and we truly don't "sit" in the recliner much at all ... I have a 2 and a 4 year old so they will walk by and rock it sometimes ... I watch her pretty close (she is still very new in the house) so I always see when she go s under there and always go and get her out right then because it scares me ... Just wasn't sure if there was anything I could do to not have her go under there to begin with ... The recliner is leather so I am not sure about deterrent sprays ... I'm not sure but I just hate her wanting to go under there ....

impossible cat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Maybe try putting down some double sided type under the recliner cats normally don't like there paws to be sticky, just put it where she sits under the recliner.