New Kitty Poop/food

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Cdm2018

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Sooo seems like I come back every 2 days needing help/advice! Sorry I’m so needy! Lol

Most recent problem is she keeps peeing right next to the kitty litter box.
Google says it could be she doesn’t like the litter but she poops in the litter box? And she pees in there sometimes. It seems like 2 pees a day have been ending up on the floor. I did have a waterproof blanket under her box in case of accidents and thought maybe the material made her want to pee on it. So I switched to a soft rug tonight and just caught her peeing on that too.
The only reason this is becoming a problem is because kitty box is in my carpeted room. And her pee is stinky! when I walk in the room I know right off the bat that she peed on floor!

Cdm2018

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Here’s a pic of our current setup. I scoop every time she used the potty(with the exception of when I’m asleep lol!)
Red is where she usually goes no matter if there is a rug, towel, blanket or nothing there. And the black is where I have caught her going once.

Is this normal? Do I need to change something

Thanks guys!

Attachments

Cdm2018

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I also put the box there so I could maybe see the pee but she hasn’t peed on that yet

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hmmm. I don't know about normal...
Thinking out loud, could you try a second box for the red area?

Cdm2018

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hmmm. I don't know about normal...
Thinking out loud, could you try a second box for the red area?
I could I don’t have one on hand but that doesn’t sound like to bad of an idea

Cdm2018

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
If I did that tho I would have to get another rug for when she kicks the litter out the she would be taking up most of my room! I was thinking of moving the whole box to the bathroom but I feel like that big of a transition will mess everything up right now!

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Maybe a little less litter? In other words instead of three inches deep (as an example) what about two inches deep?

Cdm2018

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I tried that already it wasn’t as full as it is now and when I caught her peeing on floor I put more in.
Could worms/parasites cause peeing issues as well as pooping?
I didn’t notice before, but I gave her a bath tonight to get all the dried diarrhea and poo smell off of her and when I did i could see how round and bloated her belly was

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I don't know, can you maybe give the vet a call and see if they've had a cancellation to be able to get you in sooner?

Cdm2018

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I called today and they acted like I was overreacting :( they have been swamped because they only have one vet right now but still...

Cdm2018

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I guess I just got push through the next week and cross my fingers it gets a little easier!

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Drat, that's too bad.
Hang in there!! Her bloated belly could have been due to a big meal?
If you can, try again and ask if a dewormer would be ok to give her.

Cdm2018

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone! Back again lol. Everything has been going smooth. Poop is solid . And only stinky every once in awhile. Also seems to not being peeing outside of box anymore. I do smell some pee on carpet but it could have been from one I didn’t clean good enough.
Kitty has been super hungry. I can not keep up! She wakes me up at 5 am starved meowing and jumping on my face! I feed her about 6 meals a day. About 2 cans of 3.5 oz

Sooo i have decided to introduce hard food in hopes of getting to sleep and extra hour or two lol

I bought a bag of purple Iams kitten food. I haven’t started giving it to her yet. I know I’ve heard multiple times that the hard food is what causes issues.
Sooo what should I prepare for? Since I’m not switching and this is her first time on hard food should it not be as bad???? I’m really back and forth here and can’t decide.
Everything is finally going smooth... do I really want to step back into disaster again this soon? Should I prepare for explosive stinky poops again??? Accidents!??

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
How much are you planning to feed?
I'd go slowly, just a really small amount for a few days until you know how things are going to go.
Oh, and I've read that an enzymatic cleaner called the Equalizer doesn't require soaking.

Cdm2018

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
How much are you planning to feed?
I'd go slowly, just a really small amount for a few days until you know how things are going to go.
Oh, and I've read that an enzymatic cleaner called the Equalizer doesn't require soaking.
I feel like she probably won’t even eat unless she is starving. I really only want it out in the morning so when she runs to the food bowl she can snack on that till I wake up!
I will look into that! I have some pet carpet stuff. It works fairly well, I figured since it was for pet urine and it says discourage pet to go in that spot again that it was the enzymatic kind, but it wasn’t :(

Cdm2018

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So she has already had one wet food feeding and then I just put about a handful of hard food in her bowl when she started Meowing again. I wasn’t expecting her to be interested in it but she was munching it down!

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I measure out my cats' dry food for the day in little Tupperware type containers with a lid. I take my 1/8 cup and each cat gets that 3 times. Then I take all that and separate into 2 meals, along with canned food.

Cdm2018

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Kitty got her shots today and a dewormed! Vet says she feels like she def. has worms. She weighed 1.4 pounds

I read online that ur suppose to deworm 2-3 times every 2 weeks?
So is the dewormer she had today not enough?
My vet didn’t say anything about giving her anymore and we don’t go back until next month and that is just for boosters

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Was it Drontal? Usually a second dose is given 2 or 3 weeks later to kill the eggs that hatch.