New Kitty is a Picky Eater

psi chick

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
how strange, i have had the opposite experience with the nuclear farts than many of you. one of our guys (the big one - who is also 16lbs and just about right for his size - he's a big guy) has the stinkiest butt ever. recently it's gotten MUCH better though because i took him OFF of those expensive all-natural foods. he had been eating it most of his life and he, well, stunk really bad. like clear out a room bad. i asked the vet and he said it was probably his diet and to just try various foods until something doesn't make him stinky. so that's what i've done. it took almost a year to find the right food (had to change him slowly and give him time to adjust) but now he's only stinky when he poops (okay he has a stinky fart on occasion, but who doesn't? haha)

they both eat iams dry food, and their stomachs are fine now. my big male also gets a can of wet food in the morning, he likes meow mix. i feel you on the pickiness, my male will not eat anything fish flavored, only shredded style, and it must have lots of gravy. my little girl will not touch wet food at all, she didn't eat for three days when i was trying to get her on it. i gave in.

good luck with him, he's adorable.