New kittens

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

daishain

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
no luck with the baby food, at least no more than anything else. He's been licking that too. I'll be trying out the milkshake later tonight

Last edited:

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Do you think he needs to see the vet again? How's his energy level?

daishain

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Another vet check is already in the works this week.

Energy levels are considerably better than when I first gained custody, but he isn't as active as I would expect and hope to see. He'll bat at a toy, but rarely runs, and often ends up watching his sister play rather than joining in.

Not sure what if anything's changed, but his appetite seems much improved this morning. He's a slow and delicate eater, but he's been going at the plate for a good while now, and is even eating some of the smaller pieces of meat.

Last edited:

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It's very good news that he's eating better. I'm hoping it's simply that he was sicker than his sister and has now begun to turn the corner. With URI's, it's usually after the fifth day on antibiotics that you begin to see improvement, and that's right about where Luke is. I'm hoping it's uphill from here. Keep us updated.

daishain

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
All right, barring any further complications, I'm ready to declare these guys as being well on the mend after about a week in my care.

Still some sniffling going on, but their eyes are clear, and their energy levels are rapidly approaching what I would expect from youngsters this age. I'll be keeping the antibiotic regimen up for another week at least.

They truly played together for the first time earlier this morning, (and several times more throughout the day) Leia has been the more active participant, but chasing and pouncing is initiated by both sides.

Luke has started eating solid foods with some gusto, and reasonably copious amounts of it to boot (still not as much as his sister, but enough that I'm no longer concerned about his development). On the other hand, I have noticed that he's more reluctant to eat if I'm not right there. I suspect that it is a behavioral side effect of hand feeding for so long, should be able to work him off of it in the days to come.

Last edited:

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Wow, it does sound like they are finally getting back to the business of being healthy kittens :).