New Kittens need some insight please

nyxofshadow

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So we recently got new kittens to be "mice hunters" of course when they are older. But for now they are 2 females, sisters at that, and we have 2 dogs as well and still have yet to let them be together alone ( I slowly have been introducing them to smell and such) but how should I exactly go about that with out all of the animals stressing out? it is pretty much me who is being the "mommy" 
Shadow and Sassy are 6 weeks old and also starting to climb on furniture I have read about "sternly" saying no, removing them and ignoring them but they still do this during play time. I don't really want to be use a spray bottle  but I am not sure whether or not that's a good thing to do?
 And my other question is are there any suggestions on teaching them to be not completely "outdoor" cats? not really sure about when  the appropriate age would be to do so, would;d it be like doing the same with a puppy? be out there with them till you feel its okay for them to go alone for a bit. and yes we have a fence, no they are not spayed yet. any answers would really help :)

2cat1hub

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi there,

Double sided tape may help keep them off of the furniture.  Most pet stores sell double sided tape designed for such a purpose that is not supposed to damage furniture when removed.  The strips are available in different widths.

Cats like to look down from a vantage so a cat tree might be preferable to furniture especially if you get them on it when they are young and fearless.

Mice may carry hantavirus. Food for thought.

twentyone

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I would say when you do introduce your kittens and dogs, do it in an open environment but enclosed, like a large room. That way they have their space and won't be down each others throats! Maybe hold the kitten in your hand first so you can safely show it to your dog, and one dog at a time. That way if it has any desire to eat your kitten or bite it it won't be able to.