New Kittens and Ringworm

bengalcatdad

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi all,

My girlfriend and i adopted two male bengal/tabby mix kittens that we believe to be littermates a little over a week ago (they are about 15 weeks old at this point). We took them to the vet today for some boosters and had them check a spot on one of our kittens chins, which they think might be ringworm. We had just acclimated them to most of out house and seemed to be very comfortable with everything, and when the vet told us we had to go back to confining them to one room we became pretty sad at as they just got comfortable in our home. While they are sending out the test and we wont know for sure if its ringworm for 3-4 days we already cleaned out their room and are in the process of cleaning the rest of our house.

We are just concerned that if they are confined to a single room for the next month it will not be great for their mental health/development and that their time bonding with us will be extremely limited. We were looking for any advice on things we can do to keep them entertained and interactive throughout this time as they are both pretty high energy kittens (thankfully they have each other at the very least). We would also appreciate any other advice or experiences for treating ringworm in kittens.

Thank you so much for reading and any advice you may have or experiences you have to share!

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Hoping that it's NOT ringworm so they won't have to be confined, but if they do, there is no reason why you two cannot visit them and spend as much time with them as you want. I would just suggest that to make things easier, you wear long pants and long sleeves when you do, and then change out of those clothes upon leaving their room. You might even want to wear gloves. Many people would say that's overkill, but it should keep you from getting it yourselves. If you are healthy and have no cuts or open areas on your skin, you shouldn't get it anyway, but , Murphy's Law, as soon as I say that, you'll get it :rolleyes2: If you do, treatment for humans is pretty basic, so I'm told.

keeping my fingers crossed for you and your new furbabies :crossfingers: