New kitten.

calvin2314

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
H everyone. Still new to this site so forgive me if this has been answered. I rescued a kitten from my job when he was about 6 months old. He has now lived with me for 11 months. He's a very tame cat and very smart. However it's been only he and I. He's scared of people and I haven't had anyone over since I've brought him over. My question is I rescued another kitten a few days ago. He's about 4 months. He's at the vet right now and has been neutered and combo tested etc. Tomorrow I will bring him home and I'm a nervous wreck as my residential cat hasn't been around other cats. Like I said it's been just the two of us for 11 months. I live in a one bedroom apartment until I movein February. How should I introduce the new kitten to my cat?. The new kitten was very frightened before I captured him and took him to the vet. I'm just praying they don't fight. Any info on how I can introduce them and time limit etc will be very helpful. I have the slightest idea as to how to go about it. Thanks in advance.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
So wonderful of you to take in these strays.  We brought home a new cat and sort of threw him in with our resident cats and it worked out great.  The next time we tried to introduce a cat the same way....not so good.  Every situation is different.  There are some basic ways to introduce cats.  Have you seen this article?  http://www.thecatsite.com/a/how-to-successfully-introduce-cats-the-ultimate-guide   

Sometimes cats will just be okay with each other, but it's really better to start out slow if you have the space to do it.  

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

calvin2314

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
No I haven't. I'll read it right now and thanks so much. I live in a one bedroom apartment. But will be moving into a two bedroom with a den so more room for then in two months.