new kitten

spinney

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello my friends. As u know i have a female siamese and i ADORE HER today i bought a male kitten and he's one month old but my cat is agressive with him. I work 9 hours which makes me out all day long. I'm scared that my female cat hurt him while i'm away. And i love the new cute member. Do u think she might accept him? Or she will stay agressive. I don't want to end up with a dead kitten!! Any suggestions plz

vball91

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Introductions need to be done very slowly. Please separate the two and follow these steps listed here: http://www.thecatsite.com/a/introducing-cats-to-cats

Also four weeks old is very young to be away from momma cat and siblings. There are lots of things he still needs to learn from them. Where did you get him?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

spinney

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We were at a towns fair and there was this petshop. He was sitting alone in a cage and he is oooo beautiful and tiny. I discovered today that my old female siamese is doing in on the floor!!!! Does cats get jealous? And she's not eating. I know he's cute but like i said i adore spiney

vball91

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Not jealous per se, but they are territorial. So your female may be responding to the stress of a new cat invading her territory. Please do separate them. Is your cat peeing or pooping on the floor, or both? If your cat continues to not eat for more than a day, you need to consider syringe feeding her and also taking her to the vet to get checked out. While her behavior may be due to the new cat, it could be medical as well.