New kitten won't eat at all

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sapphy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

I think it's just part of the settling in process.  Ragdolls aren't known for being particularly vocal so I think it will stop on it's own when he is completely comfortable.  He is probably still looking for his littermates or his mom.  I would continue to offer the treats from your hand.  Once he takes those then he will probably accept a little gentle petting on the side of the face or under the chin.  Picking up will come later and he may never like being picked up.  One of my  kitties is a real lovebug as far as snuggling goes but she doesn't like to be picked up.

Have you named your kitten?
:O I believe you! Last night was the first night I got a full sleep because he stopped trying to escape out the doors and meow all night (I mean he still did meow but like 70% less than previously). I managed to get him to come to me today by calling his name but when I offered my hand he backed off and hissed. I'll keep the treats in handy and do as you say! I managed to get him climbing all over the scratching post with the wand toy it was hilarious, he actually loves the scratching post now :O 

I named him Theo 

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
He's probably lonely.  You might get him a small stuffed toy to sleep with.  Sounds like he's settling in, it's just taking time.  Glad you got some rest!