New kitten to the home

victoriaaxo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey!
I need some advice and tips asap please!
I just got a new female kitten and I already have a 4 year old male cat.
I'm doing what I'm supposed to do when getting a new animal, separating the two until they get used to each other. Visits here and there etc etc.
The new kitten when she's in the room with the door closed alone meows meows and meows as loud as she possibly can at the door for quite sometime.. I can't keep going in every time she starts crying when she's alone I have to spend time too with my other cat so he knows he isn't being replaced . He isn't too sure on the new one right now he hisses and growls when they make contact so visits right now are very short
Please can I have some tips and advice what to do also how to litter box train?THANK YOU

catwoman707

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The fastest way to get a kitten faithful to it's litter box is to keep their area/space small so the box is always right there near by.

They prefer the digging, it's instinctual to them, but if they have to seek it out then accidents will happen.

You don't say the kitten's age.

Also need the age to advise on the union of the 2 in your home.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

victoriaaxo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She was born Dec 2nd.

konstargirl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Did you find her as a stray or she was separated from her other? Kittens typically can't leave their moms til they are at least 8-10 weeks old.