New kitten rescue

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bfguru

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
And the litter box hide out. She wouldn't leave it until she finally used it and now it's too dirty to use as bed lol.

bfguru

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So, it dawned on me this baby was a TNR. I didn't realize what the ear tipping was until last night and I checked the website of the clinic that did the spay and shots to see that TNR kitties are not tested for leukemia or fiv.

This presents a problem as I have less than 100$ until payday. I was going to hold off on hercheck up since she was already vaccinated.

I called the vet who said babies first check ups are free and that I'd just have to pay for the test at 38$.

It's hard to believe mamma and babies were ferals. They really are tame. Mamma is a wee bit hissy if you handle her babies when they are together, but that's normal.

Now I'm faced with a predicament. If she does get out the locals and animal control will think she's part of a colony and not try to help her. I hate collars on cats because I find them choking hazzards but I may just get one for her just in case so people know she's a pet.

Vet appt tomorrow. Then if all goes as planned, let big boy be curious.

Last edited:

bfguru

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I thought someone had been cruel and hurt the litter, as they all have tipped ears like her.

I'm glad that this was more a medical procedure instead.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Nope, that's TNR, which is good news so now you don't have to neuter. Has he had any shots at all yet? I think you might want to keep him in for awhile until he adjusts to the household more. You don't think he'll wander off? What about his rabies shot?

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They sell break away collars.  Once they come off you can put them back on, the clasp just comes apart /open if the cat catches it on something.  My cat has learned to take his off and does it when bored to see how long it takes before I notice.

bfguru

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
They did have shots as well. Rabies and a combo vax. Mamma and babies were all spayed and neutered. The only question was on the leukemia test.

Oh she's staying in the small room for a while. I'm still baby proofing the house lol. But I won't have to freak as much when big boy gets the door open again. He's super curious .