New Kitten needs a name!

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When you were thinking of horse names, did you remember Seabiscuit? (And did you see that wonderful movie?) You could shorten it to Biscuit, too.

Other horse names I found online:

Nijinsky (II) (won the English Triple Crown in 1970; named for the great dancer, which seems appropriate, since cats are so graceful)

Seattle Slew (won the Triple Crown, 1977)

Black Jack (last quartermaster-issued U.S. Army horse, probably named for General "Black Jack" Pershing)

Trigger (Roy Rogers's horse)

Scout (Tonto's horse on "The Lone Ranger")

Tornado (Zorro's horse -- probably an appropriate name for a kitten!)

Fury (from the old TV show of that name)

Khartoum (a horse in "The Godfather")

Traveller (Robert E. Lee's horse during the Civil War)

Comanche (the only horse to survive at Little Big Horn)

Other names that come to mind...

Spy
Shadow
Nightmare, Night for short
Jaguar, Jag for short
Raven
Sneaker

If you wanted to make a spiritual reference, you could call him Lucifer, after the "dark angel."

If you wanted to be ironic... you could name him Blanco, which means white.

Or if you wanted to give him a great historical name in the context of the black theme, you could call him Luther, for Martin Luther King!

moonlights mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hmm... for some reason, I always like when black cats are named Junior... some other ideas are Licorice, or anything that starts with B or D.
Good luck with your new baby!

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I always thought it would be cool to give a pet a Native American name. Probably because I'm part Native American.(only a little bit). So, I looked a few up. Kangee means raven in the Sioux tribe. Abooksigon means wildcat in the Algonquin tribe.(that name might be too long) Or, Cheveyo means spirit warrior in the Hopi tribe.