New kitten makes life miserable

three cat night

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I need some advice about our new 15 wks kitten who is just relentless in his attacking my 2 8yrolds,
He has no fear and it's been a month of stalking the older cats. They seem to be handling Stevie, the newbie as long as he is not chasing and attacking them. I play with Stevie a lot to get his energy worked, but he just won't give up. My cats make a blood curdling sound when he jumps on them. Anyone got any ideas on this problem?

Let me know!!

peachesxo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Poor kitty, he's just excited and wants to play with them lol... problem is most older cats won't have any of that.

Did you properly introduce them all to eachother?

Generally if you have older cats people recommend getting 2 kittens instead of 1 so they can keep eachother occupied instead of harassing the older guys all the time...  IF you have the option of adopting another one, that is..

tobytyler

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Tell me about it
  I have two 6.5 mo kittens with a 13 year old.  On top of that, the kittens are Manx, and had never seen a tail before meeting Cricket.  It started out as just slapping his tail, they are fascinated by it, but yesterday Clancy actually bit Crickets tail!  Cricket turned around and smacked Clancy so hard, velvet paws of course
, that I had to laugh! 

As long as no one is getting hurt, you might just let them work it out as they establish the hierarchy.  I keep a separate area for Cricket in case he needs to get away.  He seldom goes there, he wants to be with everyone else.

Kittens...don't you love 'em?
Welcome to TCS

farleyv

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Its what kittens do.  Just like a little human child.

Once he gets older and neutered...he will become lazy and sleepy.  They don't stay this way very long.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Trust me, the older one's will soon give him a bop on the head when he's pushed their buttons too far. Sophie does it to Jack all the time 

What ever you do though, don't punish or yell at  the kitten, because like everyone has said he's just a baby and want's to play with them 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

three cat night

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yes kittens are so fun to watch and play with, just love my little Stevie( or should I call him Satan?) am looking forward to see them become pals yet I don't want him to grow up just yet! The older boys do lick his head and they eat together very sweetly so I guess there is hope. Not to mention all the exercise they are getting running all over the house(me too) and you are right about yelling , my husband tried it and all it did was make the older boys confused. I guess re-directing is about it, I just worry what's going on when I am not here to break it up. Lil Stevie seems to be positioning himself as the leader already. My older ones do turn around and smack him all the time and Stevie just keeps on going . Just love this guy !!!