New kitten...in China

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Heen hao! Glad about the goat milk. We all have to improvise and do the best we can, and it sounds like you have it all sorted out. I hope you can post pictures soon of the little guy.

sweetseamus

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I just want to wish you luck with your new kitten. He is very lucky to have you looking after him! At least now he has a chance at a long, happy life.

squirtle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Scott,
I think it's great what your doing with this kitty, keep it up
He is still so very young and needs extra special care and attention. The crying will begin to stop as he gets a little older but for now I think you just have to be patient with him. The advice about the ticking clock and warm rice sock will really help. Also, I wanted to recommend this site:

www.kitten-rescue.com

There is a lot of helpful information here as well. I have never been to China, but from your description it sounds like it's tough to find the things that are so readily available to us here in the US as far as animal care. I commend you on taking the time to research what you need to do to keep the kitty healthy and safe.

lilmztude2u

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Scott,
Is there someone in the states that could possibly send you a care package containing kitten formula, food, possibly dewormer? I know it would cost you to have it shipped, but may cost less than the bus trip and the vet fees! Another thing you will want to remember, in order for that kitten to travel back to the states with you, it will need to be up to date on all of it's shots, etc. Which means, you WILL have to go to the vet, eventually. I know you said that is a few years down the road, but just wanted to give you the heads up.
Many kudos to you for taking on this kitten. While they should be with their mommy for a few more weeks, who knows where that kitten may have ended up if you hadn't taken it! The owner obviously didn't care about that! I myself adopted a 4 week old, because of the horable conditions it was in. I don't have money to be taking it to the vet all the time, but even if it gets minimul care with me, it is still more care than it was getting!