New kitten, having problems

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
he literally was acting feral when he was in his cage a few moments earlier when we took him in
It is normal for some cats and kittens to go a little crazy in a carrier. Perfectly normal.

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LOL I have 2 adult Orientals and I am guessing you don't really know what loud sounds like!!
For some cats it is very normal to make an awful lot of noise, and 'talk' to you all the time. Talk back, they love it.

And some cats absolutely despise being in a carrier - leave the carrier out between vet visits so they don't see it as a bad thing. One of my carriers lives in the corner of the kitchen and it's not unusual to find a cat curled up in it completely of their own accord. But my Jakes still doesn't like being shut up in a carrier, we just have to make sure the carrier door is secure and ignore his antics (which usually involve lying on his back with all four feet braced against the roof of the carrier, bellowing at the top of his voice) for the duration of any journey that is absolutely necessary.

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Epona

LOL I have 2 adult Orientals and I am guessing you don't really know what loud sounds like!!
For some cats it is very normal to make an awful lot of noise, and 'talk' to you all the time. Talk back, they love it.

And some cats absolutely despise being in a carrier - leave the carrier out between vet visits so they don't see it as a bad thing. One of my carriers lives in the corner of the kitchen and it's not unusual to find a cat curled up in it completely of their own accord. But my Jakes still doesn't like being shut up in a carrier, we just have to make sure the carrier door is secure and ignore his antics (which usually involve lying on his back with all four feet braced against the roof of the carrier, bellowing at the top of his voice) for the duration of any journey that is absolutely necessary.
I'm sorry but that description made me laugh out loud!! ALL of mine cry in the carrier, rattle the door and make noises that they don't do at home. I just have to block it out. I keep the carriers out, too. With things in there that smell like me, blankets on top... part of the landscape. It doesn't really help ONCE the door is closed. LOL!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pmantis

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
haha, ok i thought it wouldnt been normal

the point i was making is, because he was going crazy in the cat carrier, maybe the heart murmur reading is a bit high? as his heart wouldve been going crazy also? from the carrier? i was thinking, in reality, his heart murmur might be a 2-3 instead of a 3-4 which was escalated due to the carrier. what do you guys think? possible?