New kitten...feeling like a schmuck!

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by blueberrybeth

NOt to be silly, but I did go to where Peanut is buried yesterday and "talked to him" about the new kitten, and that we still loved him very much, and asked him if it would be OK if we loved our new little one too. I know he isn't really there, but it made me feel a little better. I also had a good cry, and brought him some flowers (I will do that until there are no more flowers in the yard for the year).

I think we might name the kitten Butter, so we can associate Peanut + Butter, because they are spiritual brothers in a sense.

I hope Peanut is proud of us...we love him so much, and we are doing the best we can to cope with his loss.
You just made me cry - I think that is the most beautiful and respectful and loving way to treat your little Peanut. What a lucky boy he must have been, and how lucky Butter is to have had you find him.

lovemycodygirl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Beth - I felt EXACTLY the same way when my Tigger died 4 years ago. Two weeks later, a friend called me to tell me she knew someone who was giving away kittens. I felt EXTREMELY guilty, thinking this is way to early, I'm still crying every day! But after a couple weeks of caring for my new baby, I felt a lot better...like this little one was meant to come into my life at that time. Not that I wasn't still mourning that loss of my best friend, but I learned to love again and was delighted to give a new little one a home that might not have gotten the chance. And that's exactly what you did. Your love and memories for Peanut will never go away, I still get teared up when I think about Tigger. But you'll just be opening up your heart and home to a new baby, watching him grow, caring for him...and and to me, that's just sheer happiness!

Good luck to you both!!

Susan

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I feel that every time a loved pet goes to the Bridge, that opens up a loving home for another in need. If I did not already have 3 others, I would have rescued one from the shelter on the way home from the vet when I had to have Fred put out of his pain. That may be too soon for some people, but everyone to their own time. I just can't stand the thought of being without a cat. You are far from a monster for opening up your heart and home to another kitty.