New Kitten Deformity

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi! I am sorry no one has responded to your post yet, but hope if I 'bump it up' to the top of the list by responding that will help other members to see it sooner and offer their opinions.

I am no expert but the only thing that I thought could be different is this kitten's ear placement - is that what you are referring to? Or, it's hard to tell, but perhaps a slight cleft lip/palate? I apologize, but you can see I have no experience with either.

I can't find a recent post on this site that had to do with something similar with the ears, but it might have been related to a feline form of down's syndrome. Just in case this would help you, here is an article on it. I will try to find that post...
I am also including an article on cleft lips/palates, on the slim chance it is related.

Can Cats Have Down Syndrome? The Lowdown on Feline DS

Cleft Lip and Palate in Kittens

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
I am getting ears and possibly something with the eyes being more wide set, but I am not sure because one eye might just be obscured by fur. Do you have access to a vet who could give you some more definite advice.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Newkittenmama19

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Eyes are wide set and his face is a bit smushed for lack of a better word.
Im definitely contacting my vet asap.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Some kittens take longer to open their eyes. Up to 2 weeks. How old are they?

Also, you can wipe the eyes gently with a warm, damp cloth to make sure they are not stuck closed, but do not force them open.

Even if the kitten is “different” it may be healthy and live happily. The fact he’s eating well and growing is very good. :)

Let us know what the vet says. Be sure to keep the baby warm with a heated rice sock if you take it to the vet alone.

Last edited:

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Re nothing, he is a point. (ie "siamese look-alike"). You will see it even more clearly in several days more, the nose, face, tail will darken up.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Newkittenmama19

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Re nothing, he is a point. (ie "siamese look-alike"). You will see it even more clearly in several days more, the nose, face, tail will darken up.
So your see nothing different with his eyes and nose? I appreciate the help