new kitten=blood

patch

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My legs are trees too
Thankfully I'm always wearing either trousers or jeans, so I'm okay, but Patch does seem to pull bits of the material they're made with out.

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I thought you would be referring to the kitten attacking feet under the covers.

snuzy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

I can sympathazie! I have 5 foster kittens at the moment that i'm trying to break from the whole "leg climbing" habit
My legs are in a constant state of pain
Me too! 5 little foster tabby boys who love to climb. Just got their nails trimmed today, so they'll be in for a surprise when they can't climb too far. Heavy pants are definitely essential.

I always let people know on their cage cards that one of their favorite activities is climbing human trees. It really would be cute if it weren't so painful.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Snuzy

Me too! 5 little foster tabby boys who love to climb. Just got their nails trimmed today, so they'll be in for a surprise when they can't climb too far. Heavy pants are definitely essential.

I always let people know on their cage cards that one of their favorite activities is climbing human trees. It really would be cute if it weren't so painful.
lol glad i'm not the only one
/ Mine are accustomed to nail trimmings, grooming, baths, ear cleaning....all of that good stuff- I get them used to being handled at an extremly young age so that they do better when they are adopted out. Ruger is really the only one left who climbes....(thank heavens for blue jeans!). Tonight he scaled my legs when I was eating without me even noticing and snuck up on the table to try and steal my food!
what a naughty kitten!
it was pretty cute though. When mine climb my legs, i pick them up by the scruff of the neck, firmly tell them "No" and place them back in the floor- I repeat this every time they repeat that habit...it usually completly breaks them after a few days. I have the other 4 broken of the whole leg climbing thing finally, now all i have to worry about is my little klepto kitty ruger

snuzy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I had to tell DH your method last night. He was lifting weights when one of our sweet little foster babies started climbing his leg causing him to hit himself on the head with the weights

Thank goodness he's a great guy cause he was on the floor playing with the little rascals soon after that.

Unfortunately we only have a few days left with them. They're 12 weeks old and we've only had them this long because of a distemper outbreak at the shelter (usually they go back at 8 weeks) I feel so bad knowing they only have a few more days to play with each other
Wish the shelter would only sell in pairs (I heard there are some places that do that).

Hopefully we can cure them of this by then.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Snuzy

I had to tell DH your method last night. He was lifting weights when one of our sweet little foster babies started climbing his leg causing him to hit himself on the head with the weights

Thank goodness he's a great guy cause he was on the floor playing with the little rascals soon after that.

Unfortunately we only have a few days left with them. They're 12 weeks old and we've only had them this long because of a distemper outbreak at the shelter (usually they go back at 8 weeks) I feel so bad knowing they only have a few more days to play with each other
Wish the shelter would only sell in pairs (I heard there are some places that do that).

Hopefully we can cure them of this by then.
It is so nice to meet another foster mommy!
Sounds like you and your hubby are doing an excellent job! I definitely understand how hard it is to take them back up to the shelter to be adopted out- it's rough when you get some used to taking care of them 24/7...but you know what- now that they will soon have the chance to go to forever homes, you will be able to help even more kitties!
That is always awesome
Right now I have 5 foster kittens -we're still working on the "no leg climbing" thing at the moment. They just tried to repeat it again today on Colin - lol there's a thread about it..it was quite a funny site
) So I tought Colin how to scruff the kittens gently and firmly tell them "NO" everytime they try to climb. It works if you're consistant and patient
Good luck!