New kitten being quite vocal

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

aschretzmeyer

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey

Yes she came from a very good breeder who was registered. When I wrote the inital message she was crying alot but since yesterday she has stopped crying. She is just peaceful right through the night - amazing!

Thanks all for great feedback!

I think she must have needed to settle in a little. I am very pleased and now everything is perfect. Though she seems to a cold (she is sneezing a fair bit). Would I need to take her to the vet for a cold or will it just go over away over a few days?

Thanks
Amanda

maherwoman

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yes, she will probably grow out of it. It's rather hard for a kitten when they've just left their family. Our babies had each other when they came home (from the same litter), but still looked around a bit and meowed for their siblings for a couple weeks after being home.

I'm sure you're giving her lots of love and attention. You might try adding some white noise to your room at night so you can get some sleep. Good ideas for white noise:

- air conditioner (fan setting doesn't generate cold air)
- a regular fan
- download some white noise from your computer and play it at night (if you have your computer in your room with you).

I agree that classical music will most likely help her to be able to relax, but be sure not to have it too loud, or it'll promote meowing (strangely enough). If you have it loud enough to basically just be background noise, it should be perfect.

Let us know how it helps!