New home. New owners. Scared girl.

misterwhiskers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aw!! That's so great you could take this cat. Things seem to be working out very well!! Have you thought about contacting her former owner to let him or her know that Roxy is doing well and is loved? If that was me, it might give me some peace of mind. Being in a nursing home is pretty awful usually.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

roxynewparents

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We have been updating the former mum every day. And sending updates. Its just we don't want to update her too much because we don't want to make it harder and we don't want to ignore her.

But big news fellow cat lovers.

I give you roxy who has now decided that she feels safe enough to come out with us in the reception room. She is currently sat next to me on the sofa. Just had a nice grooming session she has. I think we have had an actual easy go of it. But still a while to go. I'll carry on with the updates

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is great news! She looks really comfortable, though her ears are obviously very aware of everything that is going on. Just make sure nothing scares her over the next day or two, and I am sure it will be plain sailing from now on.:clap:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

roxynewparents

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Well she is a lot more comfortable and seems to almost headbutt you when she wants her belly rubbing but she is a lovely girl.

Absolutely lovely

jmarkitell

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
You done good, kid! Cats move at their own pace, and you have obviously spent the right balance of attention and leaving kitty alone to get her to adjust so well! Keep up the great work!

Jim

juleska

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

I give you roxy who has now decided that she feels safe enough to come out with us in the reception room. She is currently sat next to me on the sofa. Just had a nice grooming session she has. I think we have had an actual easy go of it. But still a while to go. I'll carry on with the updates
That is wonderful progress! She's a really big girl. Years ago I had a cat who was rescued at about 3 or 4 weeks, she'd been abandoned in a warehouse. A pretty little calico, I named her Juliet. That cat was a champion hider. She could get into the most peculiar spaces and she never had a consistent hiding spot. She tore up the bottom of my box spring so she could hide inside that. One time when I was moving, we were hauling boxes out of the bedroom and she was hiding behind the last box that came out of the top of the closet. When I moved to the Philippines, my parents carried her over to be with me. In the hotel room just before they had to check out and leave for their flight, she managed to get behind and then inside a very heavy bureau.

She lived for 13 years and never stopped being a hider. Bottom line is....some cats are just that way. :)