New Here.

SuziQ

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi All,

My name is Susan. I have 4 children, ages 19, 16, 14 and 10. My 19 year old is away at college. We also have 4 cats and 1 dog, an English Springer Spaniel. As a child, my sister and I were not allowed to have dogs or cats so we had fish. LOL!

I've owned dogs for 23 years. Never gave it a thought that I'd ever have a cat but I love them just as much.

In November 2013, we adopted our first cat, a torbie kitten named Mira. My daughter wanted a cat and in a moment of weakness, my husband said yes. I was clueless about cats but Mira was so easy that 6 months later, we adopted a tuxedo kitten named Jackson. He was a handful but he was the best cat. He was a dog in a cats body. At this point, we had 2 dogs both springers and the 2 cats.

Last October, my Springer, Romeo stopped eating and didn't seem well. He was in kidney failure and there was nothing the doctors could do. He was 10 but it was unexpected. This past January we decided to get another cat and we adopted a sweet domestic gray and white medium haired cat we named Hamilton. Then in June, we had to put Jackson, the tuxedo, to sleep due to pancreatic cancer. It was sudden and unexpected also. He was only 3 years old. He's a long story in general and I won't get into it now.

I felt very lonely without Jackson. He and I were very close so my husband and I discussed it and we decided to get another kitten. We like kittens because they seem to adjust quickly with the other cats and the dog and the noisy kids.

We only planned on getting one but I saw 2 kittens posted separately by the rescue I got my other cats from and I inquired about each of them. As it turned out, they were being fostered together because they were from the same litter. They don't look anything alike. Cello is a buff tabby and Fiddle is black and white. They are the sweetest and friendliest kitties.

Anyway, I love dogs and cats and I am happy to have found this site.

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome to The Cat Site! :dazzler: Thanks for rescuing those kitties. I hope you enjoy all the good articles and fine folks on this website.

I was not allowed to have a pet other than a fish as a child either. I think I am much happier now that I have all the unconditional love that comes with a pet that I can actually pet!

daisyd

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow big family ! Welcome .. I had a dog, fish and hamster as a child . Never had a cat as a sister was allergic ..

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! We're glad to have you here. We love pictures around here, so please do post some of Cello and Fiddle!

See you around! :wave3:

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
IMG_3317.GIF
Susan and gang, on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm
IMG_3117.GIF
to all of you.

Glad that you've found us and do hope you enjoy your stay here and feel free to ask questions if you have any and post them under the appropriate forum headings and do check out the many informative articles in the Articles section and and do post photos of your kitties.

So sorry to hear about Jackson :alright: :grouphug: But glad that you continued to adopt another kitten and am sure all your kitties give you real joy.

See ya around the site :wink:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I love dogs and cats and I am happy to have found this site.
Welcome aboard TCS! :wave3: I love dogs and cats too. :bluepaw: Our dog and Neely, the cat in my avatar, got along famously. There is a separate section for "Other Pets & Animals" if you would like to post a pic of your dog or have any concerns.
Glad you were able to rescue 2 kittens from the same litter recently.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Welcome to The Cat Site. :wave2: And congrats becoming a cat person. :catrub:

Sorry you lost little Jackson after only 3 years. Sometimes it seems like the very best kitties leave us too soon.

Would love to see pics of Mira, Hamilton, Cello & Fiddle.

As well as your angel kitty, Jackson. Rest in peace sweet boy. :angel3:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

SuziQ

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks everyone for the welcome!!!