New Here

siberiancats

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I've been lurking these forums for few months,& I finally Decided to join.
I currently own a three year old Siberian Cat, named Jazzy.

I have a quick question:
I currently fed Wellness core dry food, should i stay with wellness, or switch to orjien?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

siberiancats

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oops, forgot the other question:
Where looking to add a new addition to that family, A Siberian.Were wanting some suggestions on breeders
• register with CFA
• pedigrees
• health testing
Thanks!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Both brands are good, I think. So this is no "should", but use what you prefer. And perhaps occasionally do switch. Its good they are used to several different.

Although, good wet food is even better. Try!

You want tip on good Siberian breeders?  So please do write where you do live!  Although afficionados use to transport new kittens even from very far away if so is, but many prefer to have their new family member in driving distance.

Welcome to our Forums!

Good luck!

maraozza

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello and welcome to TCS!:wavey:

Your Jazzy is very gorgeous! I love Siberians! I don't know, why we didn't get one , when we were living in Moscow; maybe one day I'll correct that mistake! :nod:

Why do you want to switch to Orijen? They are pretty much the same. Both have very similar ingredients: chicken, turkey and fish( if you meant Wellness Core Original Formula). Core is higher in protein - 45% vs 42%, which is better, cats must eat protein rich diet. On other hand, Orijen claims that they use FRESH REGIONAL INGREDIENTS TO PRODUCE BIOLOGICALLY APPROPRIATE FOODS THAT PROMOTE PEAK HEALTH IN DOGS AND CATS, AND PEACE OF MIND TO THE PEOPLE WHO LOVE THEM. . Not sure, how highly processed dry food can be BIOLOGICALLY APPROPRIATE, especially for cats?
Siberian cats are native cats of Russia and fairly new breed. They are very good mouse hunters, so I guess, they'll thrive better on raw diet. But, this is just my opinion, I am not a breeder and don't have their professional knowledge. :dk:

P.S. Do you feed canned?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

siberiancats

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes,but she refuses to eat, we've tried many different brands, None of which she likes.She does like dry food,& she will eat any dry food.

maraozza

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise