new here

curiouskitten

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
hello everyone! i'm new here. just doing my research before purrrrrchasing my very first cat since i have lived at home. i will be getting an apartment soon and want to bring a loving furbaby into my life when i do. i always used to have so many pets when i lived at home, and now that i have been off to school have felt an empty spot in my heart for the love of an animal companion. can't wait to meet some nice cat people, and maybe i will find my dream cat here on this message board if i am so lucky

so you must wonder, what pets has she owned? well i have owned 3 cats (one pure black american shorthair, one siamese, and one poly tortie), hamsters, anoles, geckos, frogs, turtles, salamanders, fish, crayfish, hermit crabs, pet rats (show rats!!! hairless dumbo ears, agouti blaze, siamese seal point, cinnaminpearl veriberk), and hedgehogs (i have had 4 pet/breeder hedgehogs, and successfully breed a litter of 5). currently while in school i only keep my betta fish named amethyst (altho she is male
), and 2 axoltyls name medusa (golden albino) and poseidon (wild green). and my future roomates allow me to keep my hairless dumbo rat named Kiwi with them. when i'm not in class or at work, you can find my curled up with kiwi on their couch, at the movies, online, or drawing somewhere. i'm a very content, happy, friendly person.

so what is my dream cat? anything POLY!!!! i love poly toes! i have a special spot in my heart for green eyed calicos and torties. i also like the looks of ragdolls, and british shorthairs. i am not opposed to either a breeder kitten, or even adopting from a shelter. overall i want a kitten that will be a healthy loving companion for life. looking for a docile, lap cat, that will play on occasion and love attention from its owner. also a cat that really wants to be spoiled!!!! all my pets eat better than me!

please feel free to email me or leave a message here. i love to meet knew people, especially locally (boston, ma) since i am new to the area (born and raised in upstate new york). [email protected]

have a great weekend everyone, i look forward to meeting you!

yola

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Curiouskitten

Wow. Talk about a menagerie! I'm impressed!

Great to have you here. I'm sure you'll find the kitty of your dreams real soon - good luck and have fun searching!

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to the site! Sounds like you will give one very lucky kitty a very good home. I think at least one of your requirements will be easily met. I've never met a cat who didn't practically insist on being spoiled.

jeanie g.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi, Curiouskitten! Well, your house sounds like mine about 10 years ago. No rodents, but 12 aquariums, 3 parakeets, 2 finches, 4 cats, 3 collies, and as many as 10 collie puppies. Oh, sorry, kids, and four children! On occasion there was a mole or mouse, but they were gifts my cats gave me. (I tried to be very appreciative.)

I love black cats too, and polydactyls are special. Right now I have two Siamese, and I don't have to tell you how playful and smart they are. Of course, that extra toe would probably be bred out of a pure bred cat. I'm sure you'll chose just the right one, whether Ragdoll, Siamese, British Shorthair, etc. Well, maybe you should let it choose you! After all, you're the one being adopted. Spoil a cat? Terrible! (She says, while giving the cats some of her chicken breast.)