New Here, Looking for advice...

shandadee

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Heres the cat I got a little over a month ago from the classfied, looks like she was pregnant :0
Anyways, I have an appointment for the vet next Friday, but not sure if she'll make it that far??
Was hoping some experienced cat person could take a look and tell me how far along you think she is? I know its hard to tell from a pic, but Id appreciate your best guess...I noticed she was looking bigger about 3-4 weeks ago (just thought she was getting fat lol).
Oh, and she will be getting spayed after kittys are born

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She could be pregnant. HOPEFULLY she is just a little chunky. Good luck at the vets!

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd say she was pregnant rather then fat - those nipples are showing pretty good - maybe 3-4 weeks left before kittens born.

sadieandziggy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She looks pregnant to me. Cats start looking 'fat' at about 5 weeks and are pregnent for about 9 weeks. The kittens start moving after 7 weeks so look out for prodding from the inside!!Good luck at the vets, and by the way, you should feed her kitten food to help the babies grow if she is pregnant.

callista

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, she really does look pregnant. Fat cats are generally fat all over--she's just got belly fat. What a pretty cat, though! All black... pregnancy seems to suit her. Too bad the photos don't show her eyes properly.

Can you feel the kittens moving? If you can, she will have them within a couple of weeks. But the vet could tell you more.

Just in case, provide a nest box in an out-of-the way, quiet spot for her, with some old towels you can change and wash after she has the kits; and make sure you have a number for a 24 hour vet service in case of complications. Most cats deliver fine, and she doesn't look too young (which is a good thing), but just in case...

Now is the time to flea-comb her thoroughly, in case she could spread fleas to the kittens. Don't use OTC flea meds; ask the vet for a safe flea med for a pregnant cat, if there's more than a couple fleas.

Good luck with the kittens!