New here, but.....

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
I took a look at the site and must say I don't see the attraction. Of course, I'm a bit biased. I'm not a breeder but I do show cats, and I don't play interactive online games. Why would I want to spend time on the computer when I can be playing with real live cats instead?

I couldn't find anything on the site that tells me how to play the game. That's a deal killer right there. I'm not going to waste my time poking around trying to figure things out on my own.

I hope you're not using this game as a way to work up to live breeding. The terminology in the site rules appears to be lifted wholesale from dog breeding, which makes me wonder how much the game developers actually know about the cat breeding/showing world.

One of the rules specifically states that you cannot use the name of a real cattery as your username unless you own the cattery in real life. So how did you manage to get a username that you can't use for your virtual cattery name?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

drusilla

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Because when I joined the site, I didn't know there was a Shadowcrest cattery.  However, the real Shadowcrest breeds Persians.  Persians aren't my cup of tea, therefore as long as I don't have them in the game or use their pics, I'm not in violation of the site's rules.  Plus, Shadowcrest is the username, and I chose to use that name for the bloodlines.  When I first joined the site, I chose Bombay and there wasn't enough people involved in the breed on the site.  I switched over to Scottish Folds & RagaMuffins.  This is why I wanted to have another name for the bloodlines.  Because I put 'Shadowcrest' as my username I can't change it.

Instructions are in the Help Center.  Newbies are advised to read it 3x, before actually doing anything. Right now, my cattery on there is ranked 40th out of 100 catteries.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Because when I joined the site, I didn't know there was a Shadowcrest cattery. 
I think what Goldy is getting at is that you shouldn't have been allowed to register with that username since it is a registered prefix. The site shouldn't have allowed it to happen. 

Must say I'd be pretty annoyed if someone was using my prefix in such a way. 

Last edited:

drusilla

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
As I said, the real Shadowcrest breeds Persians.  As long as I don't use Persians on the site, I'm not in violation of that rule.  Persians are the number 1 breed on the site.  They're not my cup of tea.  Simply put, I'm not a high maintence person, so I wouldn't own or want a high maintence breed like the Persian.

drusilla

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I meant in RL.  As I said, some of the players on showcats.com actually raise & show certain breeds.  The breeds I prefer are: Bombay, Havana Brown, Korat, RagaMuffin, Scottish Fold, and Tonkinese.