New here and need help!!

mstngbrat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have had my male cat for about 4 years now. Same routine for the past 3 years, both cats have free rain over the house when my roomie and i are at work and at night both of my cats sleep in my room with me. The door is shut but my male cat after being in the room for about an hour or so starts pawing at the door to get out and meowing like crazy. He has never done this before and i dont know what his deal is. he is usally a very loving cat lookign for all the attention he can get, but this behavior has just recently started about a week ago. Can anyone please help me?!?!

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What has changed in his life? Think of even little things like sleeping with the windows open, new cleaners, a new clock outside your bedroom that has a new sound? Where are your food and water bowls? Or perhaps you have a mouse visiting you place?

When you find what changed, you'll know why he has suddenly changed his behavior.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mstngbrat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
nothings changed. he started doing this when i started doing my lifeguard training which lasted 4 days. when he gets out of the room he is fine or goes into my roomies daughters room and hides under the bed. i have no clue whats going on.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mstngbrat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
lol thats what the vet said but when he is out of the room he just lays in the hallway like nothing is wrong. i dunno the cat is strange!!!!

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
So let him go out in the hallway! Trying to force a cat to do anything seems like an unwise undertaking.

However, you mentioned life guard training... I HAVE seen instances where the smell of bleach (chlorine) could cause some strange behaviors.

zane's pal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mstngbrat

lol thats what the vet said but when he is out of the room he just lays in the hallway like nothing is wrong. i dunno the cat is strange!!!!
Is there some reason why letting him out is a bad thing?