new here, advice wanted

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
How wonderful! Congratulations! :)

It sounds like it went fairly smoothly. Are they nursing well? Is mom resting well with them?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catmamac

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It was super smooth, after baby one she stopped even meowing, I've weighed them all and all are good suckling away while mom sleeps. They've been glued to her teats so I'm assuming they're getting fed ok. Will add pic

catmamac

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have a question she got out her box to lay down babies were crying she was looking but seemed like she didn't know how to get them, I got them out put by her, now she's gone back in box babies not crying but I'm worried about them keeping warm

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Sounds like she's just figuring things out. Change the linens in the box so they are clean and dry and put a heating pad on low under the towels or blankets. This will keep them warm when mom gets out for a breather. If you have no heat pad, fill a sock with rice and microwave it for five minutes , wrap it in a towel, and place nearby. There should be room in the box for the babies to move away from the heat source if they get hot.

Offer mom some wet food and KMR to drink, and plenty of fresh water. If she's not lying with the babies enough, put her in the box with them and close her in the room while she gets the hang of it. Mewing babies are hungry or chilly. Eventually when it settles down you'll rarely hear much mewing because they will be full and sleepy. Let us know how it goes! :)

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
PS: The litter looks very healthy! You've got quite a variety there. And mom looks good too! Congratulations! :)

catmamac

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank-you, mom hasn't moved away much since, only for food and litter breaks, all babies are guzzling nicely too. I've given her plenty of attention, earlier I was sat near the box she got out went to the other side of the room to pee even though I was close to babies so I'm hoping that's a sign of trust in me even though I've only had her since March, we got very close during her pregnancy I guess that helped.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I am certain you are her trusted and well-loved human benefactor! Sounds like all is well on the home front. Enjoy them! :)

catmamac

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She is torn between snuggling upto me and staying with babies bless her. When can u tell gender btw?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Sometimes it takes a week or two until they get a little bigger and you can see what's what on their backsides.

pecnluv

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
They are beautiful, so many different ones. she was a busy girl that night. Lol