New guy

Kenny_T

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi all
My name is Kenny my son Damian and I live in Texas. We have a tuxedo he is about 9 yrs old. We got him because at the apartments we used to live in someone moved out and left him to fend for himself. I saw a neighbor try to kick him so we grabbed him and he has been with us since. Makes no sense to me to take care of a cat, have him neutered and just abandon him. Anyway my son named him Kitty original I know. We moved to a rural area and there was a family of cats living in the garage. It was the house my ex grew up in so we knew the history of the cats. They are brother and sister. He was neutered but they never got the female spayed so we found a family of kittens. Then another female showed up and had kittens then disappeared. So we had no way of knowing who’s kittens were who’s. But we now had 10 kittens and Momma was trying to take care of them all. Over the next couple months 5 disappeared and one died. We took in Ash as he was way too friendly and would run up to anything. A few weeks later we took in his brother Pirate as he was becoming a loner and moving further and further away. Long story I know but I’m almost done lol.
so inside we have Kitty, Ash and his brother Pirate. In the garage we have Momma, her 2 remaining kids Mr. Grey and Miss Wishbone, and her brother Snuggles. We also have one of her kids from an earlier litter his name is Waldo he is feral he comes around once in a while. I can pet and hold Momma, Snugs, Grey and Wishbone but not Waldo. There is a wonderful group in the Galveston area that spays and neuters for free. So now all the cats with the exception of Waldo have been altered and had their shots. Momma is so much healthier now and purrs. I will post pics later but for now I’m done rambling. Thank you for having us.
Kenny

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
hello-cat-text-card-vector-illustration-funny-style-cats-characters-welcome-poster-black-white...jpg
Kenny, Damian and kitties and on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm
JN001__02379.1471462848.1280.1280.jpg
to all of you.

So glad that you’ve joined this wonderful site and you are in the right place for all things cat and this site is loaded with tons of rich resources and you’ll find friendly and helpful cats around and many of our cats are very knowledgeable in cat related stuffs.

Boy, you have a handful here and thank you for taking care of the kitties. Do post photos of your kitties for us to see! :camera: :camera: :camera:

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
How To Add A Picture To Your Forum Post
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and start a new thread of your own and post them under the appropriate forums and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :thumbsup:

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Kenny_T Kenny_T
Rambling? Oh nooo,not at all-loved your kitty TAIL,delightful story!

Welcome to TCS,so nice to meet you and so happy to know all those kitties are LOVED.....God Bless you(& Damien)

Can't wait to see photos🤗

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kenny_T

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ok first picture clockwise from top left
Momma, Snuggles, Waldo, Kitty, Feisty😇😭, Wishbone, Pirate, Grey and Ash. Lil Miss Feisty is no longer with us. I hate pitbulls. Second picture Wishbone showing some love. Third picture Kitty showing his tough guy face. Fourth picture what was Ash dreaming about? Fifth and sixth pictures Pirate and Grey with their winter coats. Seventh picture is the elusive Sir Waldo.Eighth picture is Snuggles and saving the best for last it’s the amazing Momma.
209.jpeg
257.jpeg
351.jpeg
352.jpeg
310.jpeg
114.jpeg
IMG_0344.jpeg
IMG_0681.jpeg
IMG_0390.jpeg

And there is the whole family I had to include my little Feisty as she was the most lovable
and I miss her terribly.
Kenny
068.jpeg

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Momma, Snuggles, Waldo, Kitty, Feisty😇😭, Wishbone, Pirate, Grey and Ash. Lil Miss Feisty is no longer with us. I hate pitbulls. Second picture Wishbone showing some love. Third picture Kitty showing his tough guy face. Fourth picture what was Ash dreaming about? Fifth and sixth pictures Pirate and Grey with their winter coats. Seventh picture is the elusive Sir Waldo.Eighth picture is Snuggles and saving the best for last it’s the amazing Momma.
View attachment 452442View attachment 452443View attachment 452444View attachment 452445View attachment 452446View attachment 452447View attachment 452448View attachment 452449View attachment 452450
And there is the whole family I had to include my little Feisty as she was the most lovable
and I miss her terribly.
KennyView attachment 452451
I'm so sorry for your loss of Fiesty,,precious angel
Love all your photos,what I really love seeing is the way each one looks at you..... you're a great cat daddy,Blessings to you & your big furry family- they are all beautiful

Kenny_T

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Sad day 😞 our Mr. Snuggles has been losing weight and staying in the garage. Took him and had him checked out, bloodwork confirms FIV (feline immunodeficiency virus) and FELV (feline leukemia virus) both incurable and contagious. Only options are find him somewhere where he could be a single cat home or euthanasia. I’m a mess he’s only seven.

Attachments

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Sad day 😞 our Mr. Snuggles has been losing weight and staying in the garage. Took him and had him checked out, bloodwork confirms FIV (feline immunodeficiency virus) and FELV (feline leukemia virus) both incurable and contagious. Only options are find him somewhere where he could be a single cat home or euthanasia. I’m a mess he’s only seven.
Such sad news. :( I hope you can find a single cat home for him. 🤗

If you are looking for comments / thoughts on his diagnosis, it probably would be best to create new thread in the Cat Health as members who post there, may not see this thread.

Kenny_T

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you. I did do i delete this post?

Last edited:

Kenny_T

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
View attachment 452442View attachment 452443View attachment 452444View attachment 452445View attachment 452446View attachment 452447View attachment 452448View attachment 452449View attachment 452450
and I miss her terribly.
KennyView attachment 452451
Update: We have not seen Mr Waldo since July and are hoping he found a forever home.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Now back in the summer Snug was nuetered and was he not tested & vaxed? He's one of the litter that lives out in the garage,is that correct? Can you test the other ( is it 2 or 3?) - If the others are infected then you might want to further explore the possibility of keeping Snug- can he stay in the house in a separate room? I have a good friend that has one who tested positive for FeLV- all her cats are vaxed,this boy came up positive after an escape and missing for 6 months- she built a catio for him and there's no casual contact with the others- any possibilities there?

Kenny_T

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi Kwik
No Nugs was neutered before we moved here they neutered him, but they didn’t spay his sister. I do not know how long ago it was done. The other 2 are his sisters litter they all live eat play and sleep together, so I’m assuming they’re all exposed.