New from Tennesee, US

samhainborn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm new to the site, but a long time cat person. I've had cats all my life, and just can't seem to stop loving them.

I'm 23, and married to an US Army soldier who is deployed to Afghanistan. The only children we have is my Prissy, who is about ten years old, and whatever strays happen to wander up asking to be rescued.

I've re-homed at least a dozen cats and kittens since I've moved to the Fort Campbell area. I've had to take a few severely injured cats to be euthanized. I'm doing everything I can to help the animals here, because the Humane Society here has no actual shelter. They can't handle the large numbers of animals in need here.

I've had a few success stories, including two kittens that now live in Florida, and one that lives in Texas, and Prissy, who was rescued from Alabama. But mostly, it's been very sad here. I just can't do enough on my own.

In Clarksville, TN, there is a desperate need for foster homes for both dogs and cats. The city very much needs a shelter, and we need vets to volunteer their time and expertise to help with spay/neutering and for emergency care for fostered pets and strays.

If anyone here can tell me how I can get the ball rolling on the shelter problem, entice vets to donate time, or do anything else for the area, please send me a message!

Being a foster mom/rescuer is hard. There are so many that you just can't save, but every once in a while you get to see one join their new forever family, and everything just seems worth it. That's why I do it. That's why I can't stop.

kalikat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello & welcome to tcs. You are doing a wonderful job. It's a never ending problem in Australia too.
Would love to see pics of Prissy.
I don't know what you can do. Have you asked the other spouses in the camp if they love animals as much as you do & could help you. Maybe advertise in the local paper or radio station.

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hola y bienvenido a TCS, ...Catulina
y Milky
te saludan!!!

(Translate: Hi and Welcome to TCS, Catulina and Milky say hello to you!!!...
)

I´m really so sorry about the problems that you have been about the poor feral kittys....can´t believe how the people can turn and give their backs at this poor souls....I hope can you find some links to help here on the site....

On the other hand...

Please feel as you home here, we can learn so much and deep about out kittys in this marvelous site, I just only please ask you read the rules and other stuffs that can help you to feel as you Real home!..
here you have the link my friend.
http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82565

Please ask whatever you need to know, there are plenty of good members and of course our tireness Mod´s to help us here!....

See you on the forums!, Glad that you join us!

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Thank for your introduction SamhainBorn,

You might also post a thread with your questions about how to help the strays in your area, in TCS's forum...Caring for Strays and Ferals.

As you learn your way around our site, if you have questions, click on my username, send a Private Message, I will do what I can to help. Please make yourself at home.

wishiwas

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Welcome.

I'm in Clarksville, too. I really wish I could foster, or at least adopt a kitty, but unfortunately that has to wait until I am able to move into my own place. It breaks my heart to see how many cats are constantly in need of homes around here.. even worse than the situation with the dogs it seems. It's always nice to see someone that is trying to make a difference.