New Food Help - Cats Turning 1

Janecatboard

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
hi - my indoor ragdolls are about to turn 1 - I'm transitioning from Royal Canin dry and wet kitten food to ivory coat and wellness core dry food - im wondering what wet food to put with it? they seem to love a small bit on top of biscuits twice a day - thanks

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is great that their love their canned food. I would highly encourage more wet food than dry. I am sure Wellness Core makes a decent high protein canned food. I like Fancy Feast because it is affordable and also low to no carb/grain.

stacydc83

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Aww I love ragdolls! I have one. And wet food should be primarily their diet, some dry to keep them satiated, if that's in your budget. And with ragdolls, they are big cats so its ok if they still get some kitten food after they turn one, they can grow for a long time! I thought Lily was done growing around her 1st birthday and she had a long ways to go! An all life stage food is great. Just look into the ingredients. Meat should be the primary ingredient. Wet food is excellent for hydration. If I could change the way mine ate they would only have gotten dry food as kittens, and then moved to only wet food, but they are stubborn and wont accept that.