New feline brothers.

FrankieTheCat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Leia is my orange tabby girl. She is about 8 years old maybe older. She's very comfortable around our 2 big dogs. She loves them. I recently brought in 2 kittens. Stitch and baymax. Stitch is small about 3 months. Baymax is older than 8 months. The times we've tried to introduce them or have them in the same room leia of course hisses ans growls but baymax meows very loudly. They are long and loud meows. Can anyone tell me what his meows can mean? Last thing I want is a fight to happen between them. The little one doesn't do much he is more curious than anything but when leia and baymax get close leia hisses / growls ans baymax just does these over the top meows. 🤔😹

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise
Hi, how is his demeanor otherwise? Are his ears back and flat to his head? Is his back arched and he's fluffed out? Is he cowering with his tail tucked close to his body?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

FrankieTheCat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi, how is his demeanor otherwise? Are his ears back and flat to his head? Is his back arched and he's fluffed out? Is he cowering with his tail tucked close to his body?
Hmmm I haven't paid much attention to be quite honest. From what I can tell he seems more like he's cowering. Like he's scared maybe? When I found him as a stray he seemed beaten up maybe got in a fight with an animal. I live in the country so it could've been coyotes racoon, possum or another cat so I fear that with leia he feels threatene?

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise
Can you talk to him softly ( don't touch him when he's yowling like that, he might accidentally scratch you) and help him to overcome his fears?

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi! Given that Leia is a bit older, it stands to reason that she may take longer than you would like to 'accept' these kittens.

Is Baymax neutered? If not, that could be part of the issue. It could also just be due to his personality, in terms of how he reacts - or, as you suggested, something to do with his past.

Have you looked over tips about introductions from these TCS articles?
How To Introduce A Kitten To An Older Cat [A Guide] - TheCatSite
How To Successfully Introduce Cats: The Ultimate Guide - TheCatSite

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

FrankieTheCat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi! Given that Leia is a bit older, it stands to reason that she may take longer than you would like to 'accept' these kittens.

Is Baymax neutered? If not, that could be part of the issue. It could also just be due to his personality, in terms of how he reacts - or, as you suggested, something to do with his past.

Have you looked over tips about introductions from these TCS articles?
How To Introduce A Kitten To An Older Cat [A Guide] - TheCatSite
How To Successfully Introduce Cats: The Ultimate Guide - TheCatSite
He is neutered yes. Will look over those links thanks so much!