NEW Family Portraits: Thomas, Cooper, Abby

amy-dhh

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KittyKook

Thanks Amy. The color is actually pretty accurate since I have green walls in my bedroom.
You're right though....I did try to adjust the color balance a little and it made the color look wrong to me since I know what color they actually are and what the background looks like.

I got a Nikon D70 in February. I'm really enjoying it a lot. But I still have a lot to learn. What kind of camera did you get?
Ah, green walls... I know too well what color walls can do to pictures. All the walls in my house are bright colors, so bouncing the flash becomes a bit difficult

In the camera world we're arch enemies
-- I got the Canon 20D -- I LOVE it, really couldn't be happier. I recently joined a photography club and it's interesting how there's two distinct camps -- the Canonites and the Nikonites... but I say since they are both great cameras, whatever suits you best

Look forward to seeing more kitty pics from ya ...

babygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, the best pics I have ever seen. Thomas is such a handsome cat, I love his gorgeous eyes. Abby looks so pretty, that's a beautiful pic of her. Poor Cooper, Pitufo is also like him. You are getting good at this, a pet photographer sounds like fun.

Great pics, like always!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittykook

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Amy-DHH

Ah, green walls... I know too well what color walls can do to pictures. All the walls in my house are bright colors, so bouncing the flash becomes a bit difficult

In the camera world we're arch enemies
-- I got the Canon 20D -- I LOVE it, really couldn't be happier. I recently joined a photography club and it's interesting how there's two distinct camps -- the Canonites and the Nikonites... but I say since they are both great cameras, whatever suits you best

Look forward to seeing more kitty pics from ya ...
Amy....yeah I shopped for several months and it got down to the Canon and the Nikon and I chose to go with the Nikon. They both have gotten really good reviews and are pretty comparable. I think my final decision boiled down to money. I was trying to stay at about $2,000 for the camera, lens, and a good size card. I was able to get two lenses, a 2GB card and a three year warranty for my money and I would have spent about $600 more for the Canon with the same accessories....and I couldn't justify it in my mind. Of course, I've now spent an additional $150 on filters!!

As long as we're both happy with our purchases....that's all that matters...right?

kittykook

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jlforbess

Wow! what color eyes does Thomas have? They are beautiful!
His eyes are exactly the color that they look like in the picture....a nice deep green in the center with a lighter green around the edges. He does have beautiful eyes and they are always so expressive that it almost seems as if he understands things better than we realize.

amy-dhh

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KittyKook

Amy....yeah I shopped for several months and it got down to the Canon and the Nikon and I chose to go with the Nikon. They both have gotten really good reviews and are pretty comparable. I think my final decision boiled down to money. I was trying to stay at about $2,000 for the camera, lens, and a good size card. I was able to get two lenses, a 2GB card and a three year warranty for my money and I would have spent about $600 more for the Canon with the same accessories....and I couldn't justify it in my mind. Of course, I've now spent an additional $150 on filters!!

As long as we're both happy with our purchases....that's all that matters...right?
Oh, the money thing - now that's a laugh only because I had a budget I was trying to stick to -- and yeah, I did it in the first week, but have since gone way over (LOL) -- just HAVE to have this lens, oh and that one, and and an external flash... it's addicting!

And yes, as long as we're happy that is what matter -- and what matter more, is that we are taking pictures with the cams and enjoying it!

kittykook

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Amy-DHH

Oh, the money thing - now that's a laugh only because I had a budget I was trying to stick to -- and yeah, I did it in the first week, but have since gone way over (LOL) -- just HAVE to have this lens, oh and that one, and and an external flash... it's addicting!

And yes, as long as we're happy that is what matter -- and what matter more, is that we are taking pictures with the cams and enjoying it!
Oh listen....you oughta see how big MY wish list is getting already!
I can see that this is going to be a HUGE money thing!

Here are some of my other pictures: Pictures I signed up on a photo database to store some of my pictures so that I could share them when I want to. I'm also joining a camera club. You should check out Passion for Pixels if you haven't seen this site yet. It's a great site for sharing your photos and getting feedback from other photographers. I really enjoy it.

pamela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Robin,

I stand all amazed at your skills in taking GREAT pics of GORGEOUS cats!!! ANY time I see you posting pics, I ALWAYS hurry to check it out because I always LOVE the pics!!!

Keep them coming!!!

I'd hire YOU to take pics of MY crew!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by clixpix

Yay! New pictures!
Abby and the boys just keep getting prettier and prettier...and I would have sworn that's just not possible!

If Cooper's too needy, you can always ship him up here...I'd be glad to give him all the attention he needs!
no, no, no, no, no...
... I get Cooper!

pamela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by laureen227

no, no, no, no, no...
... I get Cooper!
ACTUALLY... I think that I should be the one to get Cooper..
I think he is the long lost twin brother of Pepper!

kittykook

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pamela

ACTUALLY... I think that I should be the one to get Cooper..
I think he is the long lost twin brother of Pepper!
Actually.....I think that NONE of you are getting Cooper!
I'd miss my Cooper Kisses too much!

zoe'n'misskitty

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
They are so gorgeous!!
Thomas looks just like Abby...they both have such sweet little faces!

kittykook

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by peachytoday

Sigh. I wish I could take such beautiful pictures. They are amazing

Tricia
It just takes practice and patience.

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by pinkdaisy226

Oh my, I love that picture of Thomas! It's just amazing! I mean, the others are fantastic (of course!) but that first one is great... actually I also love the one of Abby, she looks so feminine!
Exactly what I was going to say