New Design Styles- Care to Play?

jellybelly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is odd to see so many different opinions on the color choice. I personally liked the chocolate and cream and the silver, the others were way too bright. The pinky paws, is a bit too Mary Kay-ish and since we have some males on the forum, maybe they would feel left out? So to be fair for both, I think the chocolate and cream would work best for both females and males or the silverish one. I could not pull up the lavendar also, it used the default. I am using Internet Explorer. I think also it depends on the individual's monitors and the color choice, mine is Hewlett Packard M50 and it's set at True bit color 32 NVIDIA GeForce2 MX. We used to have an IBM monitor but it was too dark, we couldn't see movie trailers so we got the HP which we're hooked on.

uabassoon

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I like the Silvers and Shades. The others seemed a little to bright for me.

jenng

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like the silver and shades as well... and the default is nice... and the chocolate and cream is good too.
I thought I was really going to like the green one as it's my favorite color, but those are more exciting greens than I'm used to.
The pink one is definitely too girly-foo-foo-pink for me, but that's why there are choices.

The lavendar also won't work for me. I'm using Mozilla 1.4 on a Debian Linux machine. (Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.4) Gecko/20030704 Debian/1.4-1)

okeefecl

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I like the silver, for the same reason many said-some of the other colors (pink and green, especially) were too contrasty and really bright.

purrfectcatlove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow , I went back to bed at 1pm , I don't feel good , my body aches and have a bit swallow problem . Just got up 20 minutes ago and come in here to see what's new .
first I said OMG my monitor is bad and need a new one again , we just got a new one 2 month ago .
But then I remember that the new cat side is changing soon , so I went in what's new on thread and sah this one . Funny , you almost got me here
. There are some nice colors , yes the Lavender don't work . The green , gray and blue is great for a man , well I like blue to . But it will come down to our own taste I guess what we like .Great Job , I am sure it was a lot of work .

blondiecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like all of the colors. Some of the links didn't work for me in the green, I am using IE for my computer. Lavander didn't work for me at all it went to the default colors. My fave so far is the chocolate and cream, greens and the blues. I like the pinks but am not a real big fan of it. Over all I say
I like the choices that are there for us.

ttmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm on IE 6.0--I've chosen the silver to work with (even though I'm not a blue fan) because it's the easiest for me to read.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Looooooooove the Silver and Shades. It fits quite well with my own desktop colours, in fact. Nice and cool on the eyes, and easy to read. The bright pinks and blues and greens and whatnot are fun, I guess, but not for looking at for any length of time -- at least not for me. I didn't mind the default, though. Oh, and the lavender doesn't come up for me -- it brings up the default. My browser is Opera 6.05.

Haven't done much in the way of testing functionality -- that'll have to wait. It's time I thought about putting this thing to bed and heading that way myself!

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Thanks for all the feedback everyone! I just opened the new feature and went to bed - not that I got much sleep. I feel better this morning so I'm going to try and fix some of the things you mentioned. I'm glad different people like the different designs so they will all come in useful.

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Ok - the lavenders should be working now - though I must say they look different to me now that I've been through all the color changes

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Some of you mentioned problems with links on the green design - can you please specify which links and where?

Thanks!