New colorful collars!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
i broke down & ordered these for my babies - & i love them! this is what i got: Chip got the mini-flames #20 - his new nickname is 'Flame-boy'
. Pixel got the black paws on red, #211 looks great with her black & white coat. Cable got the white paws/pink hearts on black #217 - looks pretty, especially with her pink soft paws nails - she's a pinky girl! & Java got the orange butterflies, #95 . it's my least favorite - i think i should have gone with a contrasting color, like lime or turquoise instead of the orange... i'll do that next time. the collar is pretty, & just don't like the way it interacts with her coat colors. her turquoise nails look good, tho!
thanks for the suggestion!

sarahbeez

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Woohoo! I just ordered Maui a collar- hopefully it will be here soon... it's a premade one from ebay

Thanks for the recommendation- I wrote her a little note saying I found her through TCS and everyone was giving her high praises! I probably just would've bought a crappy one from the petstore- so thanks again!

renny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's so hard to resist that site! I just got two new ones for my two. Lucky got Hawaiian print in lime green (looks great with her black and white) and Rambo (he's tougher to pick for...any thoughts??) I just got him the blue camouflage.

I love these collars...i know what a lot of my friends are getting for x-mas for their kitties/pooches!

sarahbeez

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I know what you mean- sometimes it's hard to decide which will look best on your cat!

Maui is a tabby and I originally wanted something dark blue but still bright (if that makes any sense) but there wasn't anything like that... so I settled for red! Plus Chad had to throw in the whole "well it can't be anything girly" since Maui is a boy!

Did you look on ebay? I found that to be easier because I could see what they actually look like already made with each fabric. They're not all on there but I did see some fabrics that I hadn't seen on her site.

* I just wanted to add that I can't wait for the holidays to start coming so I can get him holiday collars! YAY!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sophiacat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I also cannot wait for Christmas!! Sophia is going to look so great in whatever collar I pick from Ragtime! I'm so glad I shared this collar site to all of you!!!

sylorna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just wanted to let everyone know that I just got my collars from her today in the mail and they are awsome.
I got chester a christmas one with christmas trees, and a blue one with red crabs.
I got dynah a kitten one that is yellow with bugs and flowers on it, and 2 adult ones (for when she gets bigger), one with pink hibiscus and the other with yellow and orange butterflies on it.
They are made from fabric, and I guess I was a little surprised that they weren't stiff like a store bought collar is, but they're lightweight, have a great breakaway clasp and the bells are even quiet enough to handle.
anyway...once again these are tested and recomended.

sylorna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, unfortunately and fortunately I'm a sucker for nick nacks...and it seems that different collars goes along with that. I had wanted to get Dynah some collars anyway and I figured I'd save the shipping and get her some adult collars while I was getting her "we're moving" kitten collar.
Also, chester has had a long run of collars that end up smelling funny (out of the package...I think it's the glue they use) so when you wrote that these ones were good, I was so excited. I'm sure they'll be getting more (like birthday ones) throughout the year.

Such a sucker...but kitties need their flashy things too

wildflower79

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Wow great website! I noticed a couple weeks ago that the threads on Gizmo's collar were starting to come apart. I've been looking around for a new collar but I haven't been able to find any that I really liked. These look really good though and since they seem to be highly recommnded I just went ahead and purchased one. I went with the tiger stripes, that fits Gizmo's personality perfectly.

Thanks for passing the link along, it's much appreciated.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sylorna

Yeah, unfortunately and fortunately I'm a sucker for nick nacks...and it seems that different collars goes along with that. I had wanted to get Dynah some collars anyway and I figured I'd save the shipping and get her some adult collars while I was getting her "we're moving" kitten collar.
Such a sucker...but kitties need their flashy things too
i wish i had known you wanted the orange butterfly one, tho - i got one for Java & decided i didn't like the way it looked on her, so i ordered her a different one. so the other is just sitting around the house...

they really are great collars. Pixel's had difficulty with the synthetic ones in the past, but she seems to be doing okay with this cotton one [she has a tendency to lose the fur on her neck with the others]. & their tags are easy to attach.

sylorna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
doh! well, it was only $5. You should get a stuffed animal for a child (not too young) and put the collar on it as a present...their own pet "kitty"

I'm pretty sure that Dynah's eyes are developing yellow, it's hard to tell so young (9 weeks) but they're pretty mustardy. the butterflies will look awsome one her.
Thanks for the offer...if I need a new butterfly, I'll let you know