New Collars & Tags for my boys!

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dealing with pet rescue from the Joplin tornado has taught me the importance of tags and collars on the boys, even though they are already microchipped. If someone picks them up but doesn't take them to shelter for scanning, then they have no way of knowing where they belong.

So I got Beastie Bands collars and the Boomerang slide on flat tag.
They both just say:

Help I'm Lost
My Phone #
Family Phone #
Microchipped

Xander has the collar with Mice & Cheese with black background:

and of course Riley has the devil cat, lol

I had to trim them a little to fit, but they don't seen to mind wearing them at all. I think if they had a tag that dangles down it would bother them. I just want to make sure they can get home to me if something were to happen. I've seen the heartbreak first hand for these last months

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
LOL at the collar you picked out for Riley LOL

Those are so cute... thats a great idea how they sit flat instead of jingle down.

You picked out great colors that each go with the boys fur lol

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Very cute collars, and those tags are a good idea because they don't jingle or catch on stuff. Jamie wears a collar and tags, too, despite being microchipped and tattooed, because I think a lot of people wouldn't even think to get a lost cat checked for one.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They have been wearing them the whole time now and don't seem to even notice them
I'm glad I went with the flat tag instead of the dangly one. The beastie bands are so light too, they don't seem to bother them at all.

nekochan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love those Boomerang Collartags! I have them for all my pets. They're so much better than the hanging tags. I also use the Beastie Bands for some of my cats, they seem to be very comfortable in them.
All my cats wear collar and tags and are microchipped.

darkmavis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Great idea! Love the designs too!!

I may get a beastie band for Genever, because when she has her collar on for a while, she scratches a lot at it. I don't put their collars on all the time, but I usually do put them on if I'm leaving the house (just in case the house falls down in an earthquake and the girls manage to escape). But I don't always put them on. And the reason I don't keep them on is because Genever scratches, and Dorothy, well she usually eventually takes hers off.

kittehtime

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Very cute

I'm getting my kitty a boomerang tag once its here.

I don't know if we'll microchip, I don't know how much it costs to have done. But our cat(s) will most definitely have a collar w/ tags. There's no excuse for an animal who gets loose and doesn't have identification of some sort. It's sad!