New Cat

Biomehanika

Toxoplasmosis Mind Control Slave
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yeah, we could have placed her in a small room to start, we thought with it being so small she would be okay,
She has found a spot on the other sofa now and likes to go under the sofa for some alone time, so fingers crossed that will be okay for her now.
Ok, if you haven’t got one already something like a tall cat tree would be really helpful for her as well. It will give her a good vantage point of the room and help her feel more confident, plus it will double as a scratcher so she won’t feel inclined to tear up that couch that she seems to be claiming.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Cat Music can be helpful as well, there's RelaxMyCat, MusicForCats, classical Harp music, harp music that's been written for cats et al.
I don't know if you had a chance to see this, I think I may have been editing to add this information just about the time you read the earlier post of mine. In any case, there's even music that has purrs added to it, and videos of cats simply purring :)

it will double as a scratcher
Oh, by the way regarding sofas and chairs and ways to protect them against claws, there are these - good reminder from Biomehanika. I have this one on a little chair that is Mr Captains absolute most favorite scratcher lol, but there are numerous other styles;
Amazon.com

Ella Spell

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Have you tried one of those pheromone / Feliway plug-ins? I find they do help if you can find place to put it / them and your house isn't open concept which would dilute its effect.