New cat

rcj92

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My eldest cat Marvel went missing over 3 weeks ago now. I've done everything in my power to bring him back but no luck. I feel someone has taken him in as he's a very unique cat. Anyways my youngest cat Marla has never ever been alone from other cats in her life. Until she came to me at 5 months old she lived with 5 other cats and was known to cuddle into them all day every day. She moved here and bonded with Marvel straight away! They cuddled each other constantly, groomed, played and especially cuddled at night. Each night whenever I put my laptop away and got into bed they'd both settle and hop onto bed and cuddle right into each other and Marla just seems to be struggling now he's not here. This is her first time alone. It's 4:30am and she's been crying for about two hours. I'm getting this several times a night now without fail her crying and nudging me, sobbing even. During the day she cries a lot too. She's suffering separation anxiety, if I leave the room to shower for example she cries then hides under the bed and takes ages to come out. I know she misses him. I know she's finding being alone hard. When I go out she's waiting for me at the door or either hiding scared under the bed which she's never done before. I'm thinking I may have to look into getting another cat (a rescue kitten maybe has to be young tho so they bond as I know older cats might just want to fight her) just cause she seems so lost. This isn't a replacement cat whatsoever I will always look for Marvel and he's always welcome home no matter what new pets I get but I have concerns for my youngest and how she's dealing with being alone. I'm worried it's too soon and if I get a new cat people will judge me as replacing him but it's not the case at all. I'm just looking out for Marla and I will continue looking for my eldest cat and no matter what pets I have there'll always be a home here for him. But I am just really concerned about Marla. This constant crying at night is also very tiring. It's gone on since he went missing and I know she's just lonely.

Last edited:

kallyn ritchie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
This actually made me cry, I am very sorry you can't find him. I think you should get another kitten to give marla some company i don't think in any way it would be "replacing" your other cat you should still look for him and post flyers about him and check local animal shelters.

Last edited by a moderator:

carpdirector

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'm so sorry Marvel is lost.  This really gets to me because we recently took in a stray who, I think, was in a situation just like Marvel's.  He started showing up around our street in May and the first time he saw us he came over begging for attention. I could tell he was well cared for and he was neutered so I thought maybe he had just gotten out that day. Well, we started seeing him more and more, and then in July I noticed he had lost a lot of weight and he kept trying to come into the house.  Once I noticed the weight loss, I decided he must really be a stray and not just an indoor/outdoor cat, and we took him in.  There are a lot of elderly folk in our neighborhood and my husband is heartbroken thinking some little old lady has lost her companion. More likely something happened to his owner :(    I sincerely hope that something similar has happened to Marvel. Maybe he got lost and someone took him in.  {hug}